Favorite Hacker Foursome

Don't forget that I'm a professional footbal player!

But yeah, I haven't seen anyone on here that's handicap is blatantly off just by looking at it. At the other place there were tons of em.

If I was going to lie about mine I'd be a lot lower than a "15ish" lol.

In addition to being +2 from the tips, I'm a super model.

Well then, I would want Claire to be in my foursome. :act-up:

I'm gonna have to call her out on that one, supermodel is one word. (I'm pretty sure she's +2 from the tips, though. She kicked my arse that day we both beat Tiger.)

But yeah, I haven't seen anyone on here that's handicap is blatantly off just by looking at it. At the other place there were tons of em.

For some reason those bs handicaps don't bother me nearly as much as the clowns who claim to be averaging 280+ off the tee box. For christ sake I believe it was the 18th for todays tournament, both Lehman & Retief had something like 275 yds off the tee & those guys would kill any of us on the course.

Let's see now, a bunch of 200-230 yds drives followed up by 1 that hit a cart path & bounced an additional 50 yds to land at 260 does not equal an average of 270+ yds no matter what screwed up internet math is used.

I have only played with 3 people who were capable of hitting a 270 yd drive & even they couldn't do it consistently. 300 is way out of the equation here.

That's my rant for the day.

I'm just daydreaming but how cool would it be if each of us on THP got our own spot at the driving range to warm up before the THP invitational with out own customized signs that designate whos spot is whos. Like "oh over there is DR.J and over there is RocketSauce and over there is JB, GG etc etc". That would be so cool.

The 18th tee at the tourny today was not a long ball shot based on hills. However our THP pro and 3 others at the club that work there can all routinely go over 300 yards. Matt, a guy who works at my club that we have had on video a few times can go 325 or so. I agree that way too many online go over board, but we play with long ball hitters all the time down here.

For some reason those bs handicaps don't bother me nearly as much as the clowns who claim to be averaging 280+ off the tee box. For christ sake I believe it was the 18th for todays tournament, both Lehman & Retief had something like 275 yds off the tee & those guys would kill any of us on the course.

Just because they can beat us does not mean we do not average longer distances than him. Multiple analysis have shown that driving distance is not directly linked to your score or handicap, if it was all of the LD guys would be tops on tour and they aren't. I have a SS of 115 (though I usually hold it down to 105) and regularly out drive my best friend who is a +1, doesn't matter since I can't putt though. I don't know why anyone would get upset over someone claim to ability on the internet, seems pretty juvenile.

Lets get this one back on track guys.

The 18th tee at the tourny today was not a long ball shot based on hills. However our THP pro and 3 others at the club that work there can all routinely go over 300 yards. Matt, a guy who works at my club that we have had on video a few times can go 325 or so. I agree that way too many online go over board, but we play with long ball hitters all the time down here.

Big difference between a pro & the average net hack. I am well aware there are people out there who can pound the ball 320+ yds. But they are a very tiny % of the golfing population. If someone were to believe driving distances strictly based on whats net folks claim, they would think 280+ averages were no big deal.

I played a lot of golk last year & was routinely outdriving just about everyone I played with. Sure a few could get me by 30+ yds at time but those folks were few & far between. By the end of the year I was routinely driving a couple of holes at my local course which are between 240-250 yds depending on pin location. My average is about 230 yds & when I catch one good it will go 245 yds. I can count the number of times I have exceeded that with 3 fingers. Once was at Nothern Bay on the replica hole of the church pew hole at Oakmont. Nailed a beauty that went dead center a touch over 255 yds & had 2 other shots which I chalk up to dumba** luck that somehow ended up at 270 yds......no idea how I managed those & couldn't do it again if someone offered me $1,000,000.

I don't know why anyone would get upset over someone claim to ability on the internet, seems pretty juvenile.

Perhaps it's because you want to jump on any damn thing I post? go stalk someone else.

I think you missed my point but I'll respect JB's wishes rather than prove you wrong with scientific data.

Perhaps it's because you want to jump on any damn thing I post? go stalk someone else.

I think the pain killers have made you a little touchy my friend.

Dyna, I agree with your assessment, however I can tell you that I am no where near a long ball hitter. Not even close. Especially at my club. I am always the shortest in my group that we play. We have the GPS built in the carts and I am usually easily over 250. So I think maybe the numbers are a little off. I have played with 3-4 from this forum already. DDBowdoin, Craig Mac, ScooterGuitar, RocketSauce, and of course Andy, and each one of these players were averaging over 240 on every round measured via the GPS.

Ok guys, I too have gone off topic with this one, but we really need to get back on topic here. If we want to debate driving distances, we can start a thread and do so there. There is no need for any members to get upset with each other, its just a forum, and certainly no need for members to call someone crabby because of meds. Lets move on guys.

Dyna, I agree with your assessment, however I can tell you that I am no where near a long ball hitter. Not even close. Especially at my club. I am always the shortest in my group that we play. We have the GPS built in the carts and I am usually easily over 250. So I think maybe the numbers are a little off. I have played with 3-4 from this forum already. DDBowdoin, Craig Mac, ScooterGuitar, RocketSauce, and of course Andy, and each one of these players were averaging over 240 on every round measured via the GPS.

I can easily believe folks averaging over 240, quite doable for most of us. it's the 280 yd averages that are wacked.

Over & out on that subject & steering the car back on the road.
BTW, not on jack squat for meds besides something to control heart rythym.

Thank you Dyna.

I would have Dent, 907, and ??. I like playing with people around my age. I don't know of any other people on the forums that are 16, or 17. How old is TCC? :p

I would have Dent, 907, and ??. I like playing with people around my age. I don't know of any other people on the forums that are 16, or 17. How old is TCC? :p

TCC just turned 17. And then we have drivingrangejunkie who is 17 I believe.

Oh and your forgot the courses.

I'll play! I'm 17!

\, and certainly no need for members to call someone crabby because of meds. Lets move on guys.

Or accuse someone of stalking but I guess I'd expect kiddy gloves/special treatment after surgery too.

Then it's just a bad mood I guess.

Goodnight.

AJ,
I asked both parties to drop it. That is enough!

In addition to being +2 from the tips, I'm a super model.

Claire, I think you missed the point of the joke. You see, you were supposed to add something to the prior poster's boast that was itself an exageration.

I can easily believe folks averaging over 240, quite doable for most of us. it's the 280 yd averages that are wacked.

Over & out on that subject & steering the car back on the road.

yeah... I mean, Florida is the true test. The ball just sits more and a lot of the courses are just flat. 240-250 is right around what I would call average. JB and I put a few out there that measured 265 but that was only a few times during two full days of golf.

Here is another story... we just have so much undulation and lack of water that if you catch a hill it just goes. I have played holes at my local courses where 280 is easy. Hit a low draw, catch the hill, and a dry fairway will give you a big total number.

Back