Coming soon....an Adjustable Wedge

Sox_Fan

Go Sox!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Cold Temps
Bruce Sizemore Golf is introducing such an animal and is taking pre-orders for it in May with shipping scheduled for July. It is said to feature adjustable loft and bounce, interchangeable flanges and a friction milled face all in a maverick design. But all of this breakthrough technology will not come cheaply as the price tag will be a whopping $399.99!

Here is a link to the page....http://www.brucesizemoregolf.com/technology-and-performance/

Untitled-6.jpg

Wonder how much each face costs, because replacing those each year could get really expensive otherwise.

I don't think I could look at that thing very long but who knows!

Coming soon....an Adjustable Wedge

Tough price to swallow and that cavity is horrendous.

That price is insane for a wedge. There's some interesting tech in there, but it's not even in the realm of "that would be nice to have" for me.

I don't get it. You can't change it on the course, so if you did want to adjust a wedge I would think it would be small adjustments for gapping and such, not 3-4*adjustments to turn it into a different wedge altogether.

I just don't get this. I mean if it's trying to be one of those deals where you buy one club to take the place of 3, I get the price. But you can't adjust a club during play.

Now this as a demo at a good shop, great. You can get fit for wedges and what lofts grinds and bounce works for your swing. But to purchase one for the bag, not for me.

Just wayyyyy too much for me to even think about here. You can't change it in a competitive round, so I don't get the point really. At all. Money would be better spent elsewhere.

No thanks, but I'm sure some will tinker

I just don't get this. I mean if it's trying to be one of those deals where you buy one club to take the place of 3, I get the price. But you can't adjust a club during play.

Now this as a demo at a good shop, great. You can get fit for wedges and what lofts grinds and bounce works for your swing. But to purchase one for the bag, not for me.

My thoughts exactly, but even then I don't see the need since you can usually demo any sort of wedge you are interested in. And the price is insane.

This is too much for me, i wouldn't be able to get past the looks of the club

interesting concept buy FUGLY

Ugliest club I've seen in a while. I respect the technology, but I could never play with something like thay

I like the idea,but the way it is presented is left to be desired

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Sure looks different. I am interested in the weight saving taken from the hosel, and added to the head.

. 60 grams are removed from the Hosel area and redistributed in the head itself, creating a dead sold perfect center of gravity and increased MOI, unlike any other wedge before.

Currently my wedge adjustment is to bend it to my loft / lie liking, then grind the bounce down or raise the leading edge if necessary...old school style

Wowzer never thought I'd see the day where they start making adjustable wedges. I'll pass that's for sure

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I realize it probably isn't that heavy in comparison to a normal wedge, but man it looks ridiculously heavy.

It would definitely leave my wallet much lighter however.

Dang that's a whole lot of adjustability in a wedge!

That thing looks like something Michael Bay thought up on cold meds. The price looks kinda looks like that too.

I wonder if it explodes when you hit it?

Don't see the need for an adjustable wedge since you can't adjust it during play. I wonder if this is the club for the person who travels on his job and might use it for practice just like the "adjustable iron" that I've seen advertised? Either way, you have to get past the look which I'm afraid I can't.

I'll just buy 3 or 4 wedges for the same price. They will look better, and then they'll be cheaper to replace as the grooves wear out too.

~Rock

Probably not something that I would game, however, I can appreciate the innovation.

Back