Good golf course in Myrtle Beach?

GR82BBlondie

Reaction score
Handicap
:)
Taking my husband on a surprise trip to Myrtle Beach for our 10th Anniversary, looking for a good course to play. Suggestions? TIA

Caledonia and True Blue golf clubs...without question. Located in Pawley's Island.

What Cookie said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caledonia and True Blue golf clubs...without question. Located in Pawley's Island.
Bingo...two best courses on the Grand Strand. Caledonia is one of the best in the state in my opinion.

Good golf course in Myrtle Beach?

And True Blue has golf boards!!!

Barefoot has some goos courses as well

Barefoot resort is a wonderful option as are true blue and caledonia

Miss living in NC and playing hooky and making the 3 hour drive for an emergency round at Caledonia. I've played there a lot over the years and for me there is no comparison between it and True Blue and I'm a Stranz aficionado. Next to his redesign of Monterey Peninsula CC it's his best work. I've played all his courses a minimum of 3x each, just love how he brought art to life in design. We lost him far too soon.

Look it Mrs. JD19, my better half and now she is on THP!

Look it Mrs. JD19, my better half and now she is on THP!

I hope that didn't ruin the surprise!

I really enjoyed playing Thistle on two separate trips. Barefoot and the The Big Cats were also nice. The Pearl didn't stand out as anything spectacular when there are so many other courses in the area.

I really enjoyed playing Thistle on two separate trips. Barefoot and the The Big Cats were also nice. The Pearl didn't stand out as anything spectacular when there are so many other courses in the area.

Played barefoot Fazio and enjoyed it. Wish I could've played a few more like the Norman and dye. I really liked the grande dunes course also. Never played far north. The cats were ok?

Played barefoot Fazio and enjoyed it. Wish I could've played a few more like the Norman and dye. I really liked the grande dunes course also. Never played far north. The cats were ok?

I played all four in 2013 and Leopard's Chase in 2014. Panther's Run was okay, but I liked the other three better. I played Barefoot: Norman in 2012 and remember liking it, but I was really really bad then (as opposed to just bad right now).

I played all four in 2013 and Leopard's Chase in 2014. Panther's Run was okay, but I liked the other three better. I played Barefoot: Norman in 2012 and remember liking it, but I was really really bad then (as opposed to just bad right now).

Oh yea I was terrible when I golfed I'm MB. Haven't been back since 2008 and that's a damn shame. I'd do much better on them now.

True Blue
Caledonia

Two of my favorite courses that I've ever played.

I haven't played there in a while but last time I did I played Myrtlewood and I was nice. I have yet to be called up to the Caledonia big leagues like some of the guys here.

If you are only choosing 1 course it would be hard to pass on the Dunes , it is a private club with some public play and as for it's credentials Dunes hosted the PGA champions tour {seniors} year ending tour championship tournement there so that tells it's worth

but if Dunes is not what your'e looking for those who mentioned True Blue , Caledonia and i will add Heritage Club which is within a few minutes of the forementioned courses are exceptional , as others have mentioned those courses are a 1/2 hour or so from the airport area but are worth the drive for sure

If you are only choosing 1 course it would be hard to pass on the Dunes , it is a private club with some public play and as for it's credentials Dunes hosted the PGA champions tour {seniors} year ending tour championship tournement there so that tells it's worth

but if Dunes is not what your'e looking for those who mentioned True Blue , Caledonia and i will add Heritage Club which is within a few minutes of the forementioned courses are exceptional , as others have mentioned those courses are a 1/2 hour or so from the airport area but are worth the drive for sure

You played the dunes since the rebuild?

You played the dunes since the rebuild?

........ Regretfully no ... health issues have prevented me from playing for the best part of 4 years and i had to opt out of my friends Myrtle trips ... but i hope to get there later this year

I've played Dunes and Caledonia, but not True Blue. In my opinion, the best course in the Myrtle Beach area is, without question, Wachesaw Plantation. I'm not sure if it has any public play.

No, she told me the night before we left where we were going. Tropical storm spun bands of rain showers all weekend but I did get 18 in at the TPC course. It only rained real heavy for about 4 holes as we were finishing up. Their greens were not completely in yet but they were rolling good. I'll definitely try a couple different courses on our next trip. I need to get GR82B back out and golfing again.

I've played Dunes and Caledonia, but not True Blue. In my opinion, the best course in the Myrtle Beach area is, without question, Wachesaw Plantation. I'm not sure if it has any public play.

East is public west is private.

Yes. I've played both several times. Wachesaw East is public. Wachesaw Plantation is private. It's completely different - a few miles away. I'm not sure they're even affiliated.

Fwiw they are right next to each other.

The clubhouses are a 3 mile drive apart. Had never looked at it on a map.

I have not been back in 8 years and now am missing being out there and playing golf. I wish it was a closer drive or easier to get to via plane. I used to road trip it and need 2 days of drive time to get there. Made for a long vacation.

Back