Personal Best Thread!!!!!!!

PB 18: 68
PB: 9: 33
PB on a par 3: 2
PB on a par 4: 2
PB on a par 5: 3
PB Birdies: 6
PB Birdies in a Row: 4

Not sure about fairways, GIR's, or putts. Every day is a new day, so hopefully all of us will be posting in here often with new shattered bests!

PB 18: 69 (2x) most recent at Cog Hill Ravines in '15 with some THPers.
PB 9: 31

PB 18: 69 (2x) most recent at Cog Hill Ravines in '15 with some THPers.
PB 9: 31

Breaking 70 at Ravines = I bet you remember the dumb look on our faces when your old man told us in the lot....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaking 70 at Ravines = I bet you remember the dumb look on our faces when your old man told us in the lot....

I remember Adam's the most... A look of disgust. Haha! Good times.

My Personal best for 18 is 65
My Personal best for 9 is 30
Lowest handicap is +1.0

I would like to break one of those numbers this year.

Great thread!

My PB for 18 is 69, shot last April with my dad.
My PB for 9 is 34 and came in the back nine in the same round. I've since equaled the 34 a good handful of times.
Most birdies I've had in a round was 5 (shot 72).

I haven't been particularly close to those numbers yet this year, but I don't think I'm too far off from having things come together.

Let me start by saying....BACK IN THE DAY....My personal best just for score, is a -5 under 67 at the course I grew up on. Par 72. We lived right across the street from the #1 green. So, usually I'd start on #2 which is a par 5. That day I went birdie, birdie, par, birdie, par, par, birdie, birdie, par on the front for a -5, 31. On the back I went birdie, par, bogey, birdie, bogey, par, par, par, for even par 36....total of 67. SHOULD have/could have been a 64! Oh well, still a great day! I've shot 69 there a lot of times, but the one 69 I hang my hat on is at the course where I was an Assistant Pro at after college. I was playing the tips with a friend of mine, and I was just rolling in birdies and pars, didn't have a single bogey that afternoon. That was at 6879 yards, 130 slope, 74.3 rated course. My handicap AT THAT TIME was .8.

Now days, my best round of golf came during the KC Invitational last summer. My partner didn't help a bunch on the front nine at Prairie Highlands, and we (I) shot a 1 under 35.

Personal best for me was right after I graduated college - way back in '06 - an 82 at Auburn Links.
Best for 9 holes was a 40, that same round.
Then I stopped playing regularly until last year.

I had an opportunity to better that 9 hole best in my second round of this season. All I needed was a par on a pretty easy 160 yard par 3 on #9 to shoot a 39. I doubled. :banghead:

Love this thread.
PB is a 74 this past September. Was part of a very special month, got married, then had 3 of my best rounds ever in the 3 weekly rounds following, 77(PB at the time), 74, and 75. Who said getting married is the end of playing good golf?

My personal best was a long time ago a 79 at stonewall orchard here in Illinois haven't sniffed that number in years but thanks to Panda and the folks here at THP my love of this crazy game is on a MAJOR upswing and I am planning on a new personal best really soon maybe even this season

You and that boy of yours cant settle for a PB on a dogtrack like the rest of us can you??? Nice round on a tough course! Keep up the good work.

My PB was 3 years ago when I was playing a lot. I shot a 75 at Golf Club of Illinois. One of the most boring rounds of my life! I had a flip wedge into 18 and managed a bogie...:banghead:

PB for 18 holes: 88
PB for 9 holes: 40
Most birdies in a round: 2
Most consecutive birdies: 2
Most eagles in a round: 1
Most fairways hit: 13
Most GIR: 8
Least putts: 24

Pb 18 was late last season 76 at 122 slope, best 9 was -1 (34) in the back 9 of 133 slope, all pars with one chip in birdie and a 3 putt par at the 18th.

Pb par 3:1
Pb par 4:2
Pb par 5:3

My all time PB was so long ago it's ancient history, so my most recent PB round was 73 last fall (par 72|6,691|cr/sl 70.2/127). I'm looking to beat that this year, if the weather ever cooperates, and create a new all-time personal best as well.

PB for 18 holes: 71
PB for 9 holes: 34
Most birdies in a round: 6
Most consecutive birdies: 2
Most eagles in a round: 1
Most Albatrosses in a round: 1
Most fairways hit: 14
Most GIR: 14
Least putts: 24
Lowest handicap: 16.2

Hole in one: 1 (on a Par 4)

This past weekend, I had my personal best at my new club (which I joined last year). I shot 69 with 4 birdies, 68 with 5 birdies on consecutive days.

I'll post mine up, it was a few months ago. Finally broke 80 with a 79!

Personal best was a 67 in 2010. Oh the joys of playing before all the back surgeries. Game is coming back slowly but surely

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

My personal best was a 77 a few years ago. 1st and only time I broke 80. Been trying to get back ever since.

You and that boy of yours cant settle for a PB on a dogtrack like the rest of us can you??? Nice round on a tough course! Keep up the good work.

My PB was 3 years ago when I was playing a lot. I shot a 75 at Golf Club of Illinois. One of the most boring rounds of my life! I had a flip wedge into 18 and managed a bogie...:banghead:
Lol golf club of Illinois is no easy track my friend nice round there I can never keep it out of the tall grass there. As far as Stonewall goes I should be able to score better as I used to work there and have played it hundreds of times. You would have thought that with all the rounds there I would no where not to hit it on the course lol

Got my personal best 9 hole score today.. 3 over par 38. And that was with two three putts and a par putt lip out on 9.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

PB for me on last sundays 18 holer. 76, could not miss had a great chip and putt day

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Personal Best Thread!!!!!!!

Posted mine yesterday at Shenandoah Valley Golf Club:

38cee7196d6b445afb69dad28d10dfee.jpg

Last edited:
Back