#THPCallOuts: Alez367 (0-2) vs. SanDiegoNative (0-0)

#THPCallOuts: Alez367 (0-2) vs. SanDiegoNative (0-0)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sandiegonative

Reaction score
Handicap
The time has come for my FIRST #THPCallOuts. Alez367 (Alex), I'm calling you out buddy.

When and Where:
- On Sunday the 1st of May 2016 at 2:30pm PST, Alex and I will be taking our match to the site of the 2008 U.S. Open (a.k.a. Tiger Wood's last major win) and 2021 U.S. Open, Torrey Pines Golf South Course.

The Format:
- We will be playing match play. Alex is giving me a stroke on the 4 hardest holes per side. Based on the attached scorecard, I get a pop on holes 1, 4, 7, and 9 on the front and 12, 13, 14, and 17 on the back.

South_Scorecard.png

How we became friends:

- I met Alex in 2014 through another friend, Jordan (TAOS). At the time I was rehabbing from a torn Achilles tendon and was just able to golf again. Jordan recommended “The Hackers Paradise” after my complaints about the other golf forum. He mentioned his friend Alez367 who really enjoyed the community. Alex and I started talking golf, equipment, and etc. We played our first round of golf together in October of 2014. He must like winning because we have remained friends ever since. We’ve generally play the local courses in San Diego. Last summer we made a trip to Palm Springs where we tortured ourselves on the TPC Stadium and Nicklaus Courses. In closing, Alex is one of the fastest golfers you will ever play with and more importantly he is one of the nicest golfer/person you will ever meet. It will pain me a little when I beat him, but I’ll get over it.

Tale of the Tape:
THPCallOut.png

What’s in the Bag:

- As members of “The Hackers Paradise” nothing is more important than the equipment we will be playing. Alex is Callaway/Odyssey top to bottom. I too am a lover of Callaway, but this year I went with PING Irons and my friend game me Taylormade Driver for Christmas.

Alez367's WITB:
Callaway XR16 10.5° Driver
Callaway XR16 3w
Callaway Apex Hybrid 23°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 5i-9i
Callaway MackDaddy3 Wedges 46°, 50°, 54°, & 58°
Odyssey Metal-X Milled #1 Putter

SanDiegoNative's WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 Driver
Taylormade M1 Driver
Callaway XR16 3w
Callaway Apex Hybrid 23°
PING i-E1 Irons 5-PW
Callaway MackDaddy3 Wedges 50°, 54°, & 58°
Odyssey 2-Ball Works Putter

Facts (at least in my book they are):
- Both of us are happily married.
- Both of us love to golf.
- Both of like to have fun on the golf course no matter what we shoot.
- Both of us will be attending the Beyonce concert at Qualcomm Stadium on May 12th (Both of us are going for our wives and neither of us listen to her music).
- Alex has ZERO kids that he knows about.
- I have two kids, Logan (9) and Zoey (5) and two dogs, Pebble and Roscoe (named by Callaway #ZooCrew's own Rhiona Sullivan)
- Alex changes clubs more often then most people change their underwear.
- Alex must have been drinking a little when he came up with his screen name. Alex is NOT spelled Alez and there are 365 days in a year NOT 367.
- Alex has never been selected to a THP Event (C'mon JB, make his dreams come true).
- I was a member of #TeamHashtag during the 2015 #TheKing Event.
- I wear the pants in my household and so does Alex's wife :act-up: (Shots have been fired)

Alex, Alez367, or whatever you want to call yourself... you ready to be 0-3???

More Information:
- Follow Alex go 0-3 via my SnapChat "SD619Native"

Last edited:
Epic Callout post!

I am going Alex here, and only because I don't think anyone goes 0-3. I predict it goes down to the last hole though.

Epic Callout post!

I am going Alex here, and only because I don't think anyone goes 0-3. I predict it goes down to the last hole though.

Go away :)

Make sure you vote so it's official.

Great place for a call out. 3rd times a charm?

I voted for myself #CONFIDENCE

Oh man... a great call out post. One one hand we have Alex, a great guy I'm privileged call friend. On the other I have my other half from team #AsianNation from 2015 #TheKing. This will be a tough choice. Can I say #Switzerland? I'll be following along for sure and hope to join you two one day on this course

Gonna roll with the pops on this one...was tempted to go alez367 to bust the the 0-2 record.

Oh man... a great call out post. One one hand we have Alex, a great guy I'm privileged call friend. On the other I have my other half from team #AsianNation from 2015 #TheKing. This will be a tough choice. Can I say #Switzerland? I'll be following along for sure and hope to join you two one day on this course

No matter who you choose (MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE), you'll always be the other half of #AsianNation from 2015 #TheKing.

Gonna roll with the pops on this one...was tempted to go alez367 to bust the the 0-2 record.

I think I should thank you :confused2:

Now that is an awesome call out post. I'll go with Alex, not going 0-3 should be incentive enough!

Now that is an awesome call out post. I'll go with Alex, not going 0-3 should be incentive enough!

Alex... ​NO PRESSURE

I am all Alex on this one going to get his first win. Good luck at the Beyonce concert to both of you

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I am all Alex on this one going to get his first win. Good luck at the Beyonce concert to both of you

Thanks we are going to need it. My wife took me the Beyonce and Jay-Z "On the Run Tour" concert last year in Los Angeles at the Rose Bowl (my first and only concert). Back then her music was bearable. If all the music is from her recent Lemonade album, I might just shoot myself.

I remember the first time I drank during the day and then came on the internet while buzzing.....Now to address this call out:

First of all, what tees am I beating you at? Blues or White? Second, there is no way in hell I am going to the Beyonce concert with my wife. She has 4 sisters, one of them can babysit her. Third, When I beat you, I'm going to video tape for the members here the look on your face as you congratulate me on the epic beating you will just have taken over our 5 hour round on the South Course.

I remember the first time I drank during the day and then came on the internet while buzzing.....Now to address this call out:

First of all, what tees am I beating you at? Blues or White? Second, there is no way in hell I am going to the Beyonce concert with my wife. She has 4 sisters, one of them can babysit her. Third, When I beat you, I'm going to video tape for the members here the look on your face as you congratulate me on the epic beating you will just have taken over our 5 hour round on the South Course.
5 HRS?!? Don't locals get early tee times ;) (I kid if I recall they wait a touch after walk ups)

5 HRS?!? Don't locals get early tee times ;) (I kid if I recall they wait a touch after walk ups)

I played this past sunday on South Course and we teed off at 12:51pm and holed out at 4:55pm

Do NOT DRINK and INTERNET. Let that be a lesson to everyone. Your screen name might be Alez367 or Alec236

Your trash talk game is F-N WEAK.

We can play from whatever tees you want. IMNSHO, I think the blue tees give you a fighting chance.

Yes, there will be plenty of photos and videos to document you going 0-3. As soon as I get to my phone, I'll add my snapchat for all to follow along.

In closing, I'm happy your wife said it was okay for you to golf with me this Sunday. Ask her if you can wear her favorite skirt for good luck.

Do NOT DRINK and INTERNET. Let that be a lesson to everyone. Your screen name might be Alez367 or Alec236

We can play from whatever tees you want. IMNSHO, I think the blue tees give you a fighting chance.

Yes, there will be plenty of photos and videos to document you going 0-3. As soon as I get to my phone, I'll add my snapchat for all to follow along.

In closing, I'm happy your wife said it was okay for you to golf with me this Sunday. Ask her if you can wear her favorite skirt for good luck.

whaaa.gif

Alex367, no reason! Just a hunch!!

Keep talking SanDiegoNative
638aefdbfd76db18b824b1caae3374c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This call out might require a referee :drinks:

This call out might require a referee :drinks:

Alex and I are versed in proper marketing and hyping of an event.

As you can tell by Alex's #THPCallOut record, he is even more versed in losing too. :laughing:

Alex and I are versed in proper marketing and hyping of an event.

As you can tell by Alex's #THPCallOut record, he is even more versed in losing too. :laughing:

Have that same happy spirit when you lose Sunday. No one likes to see a grown man cry on a course.

I played this past sunday on South Course and we teed off at 12:51pm and holed out at 4:55pm

I played two Sundays ago and finished within 4:30.

As mentioned in the "Facts" section of my original post, I'm married with two kids. That means I'm too poor/frugal to pay for a normal weekend tee time. 2:30pm is first twilight tee time. We will be done with 18 by 7:00pm and the match itself should be over by the 14th hole.

Back