Hybrid / utility iron shaft length

SouthernShred

'16 Grandaddy Champ - Team Unity
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all,

I've never owned hybrids or one of these new fangled utility irons and I'm looking to put a couple in the bag...here's the question

I play Callaway Apex CF16's 1 inch over and 3 degrees up... I'm 6'4". I play a standard length driver.

Should my hybrids / utilities need to be 1 inch over and 3 up (or as close as I can get)?

Hybrid / utility iron shaft length

I asked a similar question in different thread... Search "tall players". Every response for hybrid length was standard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks man!

Hey all,

I've never owned hybrids or one of these new fangled utility irons and I'm looking to put a couple in the bag...here's the question

I play Callaway Apex CF16's 1 inch over and 3 degrees up... I'm 6'4". I play a standard length driver.

Should my hybrids / utilities need to be 1 inch over and 3 up (or as close as I can get)?
I'm the same height. I play standard. I add
.75 in to the shaft and 2 degrees upright for my irons. To get custom hybrids, wedges, and/or drivers. You typically have to pay full price or pay for reshafting.

I ended up reordering my irons... 3 up and 0.5" over... Perfect. My hybrid was 0.75" over but I took off 0.25" to match my irons.

Back