My right hip is killing me

Callaway2580

Reaction score
Handicap
Had a golf lesson for 90 minutes. Went great. Next day shoulder is killing me. Now my right hip is feeling funky. What the heck is up besides being out of shape lol

Describe the pain. Where in the hip? Is focused (point to it with a pen) or broad (draw a circle around it with a marker).

Describe the pain. Where in the hip? Is focused (point to it with a pen) or broad (draw a circle around it with a marker).

You sound like a doctor!

Lol, I am sure it's because your instructor had to doing different things and the muscles/tendons in that area seen new action.

You sound like a doctor!

Haha. Having rehabbed a few muscle injuries, strains, tears, and pinched nerves in my hip I have an idea. But I'm just a dude that likes to squat.

Shoulder.... after a certain age everyone has bone spurs. If the supporting muscles aren't strong, the tissues around them will inflame. This is nothing to mess around with. You may need a shot in the shoulder and some physical therapy. I went through this last year. I was fine in three weeks. Make sure you do the exercises daily to strengthen those rotator cuff muscles.

Hip. Hip abductor muscles get stressed in golf as well as the adductors. A 90 minute session is a long session. If you were doing something wrong and learning a new motion, you'll feel pain. I get it in my left hip, so I have to keep these muscles strong. Along with your glutes.

We sit a lot during the day and that's not a good thing.

Had a golf lesson for 90 minutes. Went great. Next day shoulder is killing me. Now my right hip is feeling funky. What the heck is up besides being out of shape lol

What warm up do you do before playing / practicing ?? when i think of shoulder pain 2 things come to mind .. rotator cuff strain / tear , a strain in your A/C joint and it can also be determined on your work or any sports injuries in earlier years and the hip , where is the pain ? is it in the groin area or laderal / on the side because where the pain is located sometimes can determine the diagnosis and also some hip pain can originate from the back / lower spinal cord / vertabre area , there is nerves that start around the lumbar area and go downward around your butt and then down the leg ..... remember these are general ideas only and in no way a diagnosis .. if ... you truly have pain that you can not manage with some aspirin based over the counter pain medications you need to seek out a doctor of your choosing , maybe a urgi-care or maybe a emergency room if you dont have a family physician you see ....and also remember it's highly unlikely that you will find answers in the internet forum .. hope you feel better and find the answers you are seeking

Back