JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
GG and I were just talking about fish sticks and I mentioned how much I loved them as a kid. I also loved cafeteria food, but then again, its changed a lot since I went to school. So what were some of your favorites as a kid.

We have a thread on snack foods, so lets keep this one to actual meal type foods.

Sloppy Joe. Man, I haven't had one of those in a long, long time.

Pizza but not just any pizza it was the rectangle pizza you got in school. Never found anything close and so good.

I was actually just thinking of this tonight making supper. Wife is away, so I usually make something nostalgic.

Tonight: Pizza Bread. Takes me back to being a kid making pizza buns when my parents would be away and I was in charge of cooking for myself and the kid brother.

Still love fish sticks. Not as into pizza pops as I was as kid though.

• Admin
Pizza but not just any pizza it was the rectangle pizza you got in school. Never found anything close and so good.

We didnt have rectangle, we head Mexican Pizza. It was a hexagon and it was delicious.

Those sweet yeast rolls at school were good to. Fried potato sandwiches. Homemade Ice Cream. Moms French Toast.

School lunches was pizza. At the house or grandparents house was goulash or kielbasa.

Square pizza, corn dogs, chuck wagons

GG and I were just talking about fish sticks and I mentioned how much I loved them as a kid. I also loved cafeteria food, but then again, its changed a lot since I went to school. So what were some of your favorites as a kid.

We have a thread on snack foods, so lets keep this one to actual meal type foods.
We were stuck with pizza hut every day. So gross.

As far as my favorite? I ate more Totino's pizza rolls than any human should. Probably the root of all my Sunday issues hehe.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Pizza day at school always rocked. Sloppy Joes were (still are) pretty awesome. The good old grilled cheese and tomato soup is one of my childhood favorites. Still make it every now and again.

I know this will sound strange ... beans and rice ... grew up in a southeast Texas town called Beaumont ... big rice community ... we were a bit poor in terms of money, but rich in family ... just something about making a good pot of beans and rice that remind me of the good times we had as a family.

Fish sticks or chicken nuggets and mac and cheese were always a big favorite. I still cut up hot dogs and put them in mac and cheese every once in a while.

That stuff was solid. I remember paying kids for their slices.

spaghettios-meatball-1-30-14.jpg

Definitely. Although we had two brands (Campbells was not involved yet I dont think). Franco American and Chef Boyardee. Franco American made the ones above and they were good.

Totino's pizza rolls. I was a plump child, and I ate these every day after school, and burned my mouth every time.

We were stuck with pizza hut every day. So gross.

As far as my favorite? I ate more Totino's pizza rolls than any human should. Probably the root of all my Sunday issues hehe.

See my post above. I could put down some Totino's pizza rolls.

We had toast with cheese on it as a breakfast option at school at that was terrific too.

See my post above. I could put down some Totino's pizza rolls.
We would have been besties. I would eat an entire package at once.

Thank God for good metabolism and playing sports all year round otherwise I would have been a big boy.

I loved school cafeteria food. My wife and I talk about it often when our daughter complains about her school lunches.

The rectangular pizza and yeast rolls were definitely awesome. Two of my favorite school meals were Frito bake and salisbury steak with mashed potatoes.

Mac N Cheese

We would have been besties. I would eat an entire package at once.

Thank God for good metabolism and playing sports all year round otherwise I would have been a big boy.

There is a reason I lost 40lbs my freshman year of college. I learned that's not a balanced diet, haha.

After school snack often equaled wonder bread, couple slices of Kraft American & liberal amounts of miracle whip. Probably a why I didn't "grow into my frame" until 8th grade.

We didnt have rectangle, we head Mexican Pizza. It was a hexagon and it was delicious.
We had the hexagon Mexican pizza once a month too it was fantastic.

As far as school lunches Italian dunkers were amazing. Basically just really soft garlic bread with mozzarella cheese on top and they gave you a cup of basically heavy meat marinara sauce to dip them in. Always got double for Italian dunkers.

At home which I still love is my own hamburger helper on steroids. Make normal velvetta Mac and cheese and then cook up hamburger and mix in taco seasoning and then mix the both together. SO good.

Elbow macaroni, with melted butter and milk like cereal.

Diced olives mixed with cream cheese stuff into celery.

Back