Farm Neck Golf Club, Martha's Vineyard MA

Wicked Cool Bearded Man

4thegolf+4thefriends
Reaction score
Handicap
6.3 GHIN
This weekend I was lucky enough to play on one of my Massachusetts' bucket list courses - Farm Neck on Martha's Vineyard. This course is somewhat of an interesting experience. In order to play, one must take a 45 minute ferry out to the island of the coast of Falmouth, Massachusetts ($8 - Steamship Authority). It is worth the extra effort. While somewhat pricey during season ($160 with cart), the shoulder season and off season rates are more reasonable ($110 for shoulder season, May 9th- June 26th and September 15th - October 13th; and $65 for offseason- April 11th- May 8th and October 14- December 24th). After playing the course and seeing the views that are offered, $160 is actually a fair price. The course flirts beautifully between being a classic New England track and being a seaside near links course with dozens of ocean views present on both 9's. On one hole, you might be playing around classic New England farmland, and looking out on breathtaking views of the Nantucket Sound on the next. In all honesty, it might be my favorite golf course in all of New England. It is a challenging but very fair 18 hole par 72 course that measures 6,815 yards from the tips (rating 72.8, slope 135), 6,301 from the blues (rating 70.5, slope 133), 5,859 from the white tees (rating 69.3 and slope 129) and 4,987 from the reds (64.3 and 118). Each tee box offers both a unique setup and challenge for golfers of all abilities.

From the website "Located 4 miles out to sea on the Island of Martha's Vineyard, Farm Neck Golf Club rests on a peninsula (or "neck") of rolling farmland on the eastern side of the Island, overlooking Nantucket Sound. Established as a semi-private club in 1979, Farm Neck is open to the public for golf, tennis and dining from April until December. We welcome everyone to come and enjoy the serenity and breathtaking beauty of our classic New England seaside landscape while playing 18 holes of championship caliber golf- or game of tennis with friends- or perhaps just to stop by for a bit to eat at the Cafe." http://www.farmneck.net/Club/Scripts/Home/home.asp

ehyra7e6.jpg
ypysy9yn.jpg
ase3uha2.jpg
haqavuhu.jpg
edy6u5e7.jpg
jyve9abu.jpg
6ega4etu.jpg
7ade9y6e.jpg
sygebu2y.jpg
e6ezydun.jpg
e6ude6y6.jpg
ja4anagu.jpg
husaqe5e.jpg
y3aquva8.jpg
pavape5u.jpg

If you are in the area and have a day to spare, Farm Neck Golf Club is worth both your time and money. Just remember to bring your camera and your sea legs.

Last edited:
man that place looks great.

Gorgeous, love it being right on the water/

That looks pretty incredible. Thanks for sharing.

What a terrific setting for some fall golf

That looks freaking awesome. Thanks Timmaaaay

I love the looks of that place!! Very nice

I find it is rare that a course actually lives up to expectation. This one truly did. I can only say that about 2 other courses I have played in my lifetime (Caledonia and True Blue).

Happy that you enjoyed your birthday there! I know you were excited about it when we met up last week.

I actually wrote the review on the ferry haha

Wow, gorgeous track! Thanks for the writeup. Is this one of the ones Obama played during his stay this summer?

Looks great. Glad you had a great time!!!

Wow, gorgeous track! Thanks for the writeup. Is this one of the ones Obama played during his stay this summer?

Yup. This is the one he plays most often. There is another ultra exclusive one called the Vineyard Club ($200,000 a year to be a member on top of a $600,000 initiation fee) that he has played once or twice. Most people on the island I guess have played it, but not regularly.

Yup. This is the one he plays most often. There is another ultra exclusive one called the Vineyard Club ($200,000 a year to be a member on top of a $600,000 initiation fee) that he has played once or twice. Most people on the island I guess have played it, but not regularly.
Great looking course though, even if it is the "discount" one on island. Lol

Great looking course though, even if it is the "discount" one on island. Lol

hahaha I know right? It was beautiful dude. I can't say enough good things about it. People were amazingly friendly as well.

hahaha I know right? It was beautiful dude. I can't say enough good things about it. People were amazingly friendly as well.
It is really nice out there, haven't been out in a few years and never played golf there

It is really nice out there, haven't been out in a few years and never played golf there

I highly recommend it. Even with the steep price tag. Shoulder season is a definite and offseason is like stealing.

Back