Sports Authority Closing - Interesting Items For Sale

SlightDraw

Reaction score
Handicap
NCGA 11
They aren't just selling the usual stuff. They are also selling the display for $50

240f3ed418f22c53307826ce29bebb59.jpg

Pretty normal for a company shutting down. I worked for a company that closed its doors when the economy was in the toilet and we sold everything but the carpet lol.

The Cobra setup could be a good setup for a golf-room, good display for all the unused gear!

I got a Callaway display from DSG when I worked there. Never could put a value on it, but can sort of now.

Typically, when retail places close, one of the things that go are the shelving units and displays. This is typically something that occurs because the Bank(s) want ever dollar they can squeeze out of the closing.

Not uncommon at all, and you would be surprised at how quickly the fixtures sell. When a few bike shops closed down near me, the first thing I did was call about displays and fixtures, because when closing they can be had for CHEAP.

There were no stores within hundreds of miles of me, but, I did try shopping on line. Their online prices really suck, even during the GOB sale.

I'm going to go over to SA tomorrow and see if I can find anything cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Typically, when retail places close, one of the things that go are the shelving units and displays. This is typically something that occurs because the Bank(s) want ever dollar they can squeeze out of the closing.

Not uncommon at all, and you would be surprised at how quickly the fixtures sell. When a few bike shops closed down near me, the first thing I did was call about displays and fixtures, because when closing they can be had for CHEAP.

I'd also imagine that those things go for a surprisingly large amount of money new.

I'd also imagine that those things go for a surprisingly large amount of money new.
Indeed they do. Fixtures and displays are typically not cheap.

Didn't have any stores near me either or I would have been all over some fixtures.

How much was that titleist display going for?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hmmm... A couple of stores closing in my area. Think I'll stop by and see what, if any, displays are available.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

yikes... too rich for my blood

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I stopped by one in the St. Louis Metro-East today. All of the displays were left (and they still had clubs on them). With the discount the price of the golf equipment was the same as what I could get anywhere else. Sports Authority was always too expensive anyway.

I was able to get a few deals on some camping equipment.

Back