10,000 free sleeves of Taylormade project (a) ball.

I just got the 'Dear John' email. As a consolation for not being chosen, got the $10 discount promo code.

Just got the email I was selected to receive a sleeve of the Project (a) Balls. Awesome can't wait to try them out.
pjcta.jpg

I'm getting a sleeve...looking forward to trying them. Not an inexpensive promotion for them, but a good way to launch a new product for sure.

I got the email also for a sleeve. Now it just needs to warm up by the time they get here!

I'm getting a sleeve...looking forward to trying them. Not an inexpensive promotion for them, but a good way to launch a new product for sure.

They must be very confident that once people try them that they're going to like them enough to buy a few dozen at this price point.

I'm in too

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

I keep checking my email, nothing yet but I suspect they will be sending them for a few hours.

Just found the congratulations email in my junk folder. Looking forward to trying these out.

I keep checking my email, nothing yet but I suspect they will be sending them for a few hours.

Yes, I'm glad to ear that they started sending these aout, and that I am not the only one that doesnt have it yet ;)

Holy cow, I'm a winner!! Should be fun to see what these balls can do, now I just need to not lose all 3 of them on one hole.

They must be very confident that once people try them that they're going to like them enough to buy a few dozen at this price point.

I think it shows that more of the golf companies are realizing that word of mouth (particularly in a social media age) can be really effective advertising. Just going off of retail pricing (which is obviously overstating costs here)...2500 dozen x $32 / dozen + $15,000 in shipping costs = $95,000 for the promotion. Certainly not a trivial amount, but the equivalent to a few commercial airings maybe.

I wonder if anywhere has been promoting the idea of putting the products into peoples hands and letting the results speak for themselves...maybe since 2008 or so...

With the emails starting a little after 7 and not seeing anything in my inbox or spam folder I think I missed out on this one :sad: I do plan to give these a try so TMaG will make a sell for sure.

Kind of surprised that I did not at least get the "Dear John" email at the very least.

You were selected to receive a free sleeve of Project (a)
z2vEvl0eMQhwmq_Uyo7Dpyf8BpT6UhPu-PTAFH5-MShothqucp9-44U6jcJfxNdRDiuHpuGULcktjbi8E5L6Dj8Vmvm5ea2wGCkOFk0w8OKAvGtRqInHO-h5hSjYtQ4=s0-d-e1-ft
[h=1]Congratulations MICHAEL![/h][h=4]You were selected to receive a free sleeve of our new Project (a) Golf Balls, the #1 Amateur Ball at the 2014 AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am.[/h]
You can expect them to arrive in the next 2-3 weeks. When you get them, we suggest that you take them out on course and test them from 30-60 yards. Notice how the ball reacts when it lands and you'll discover why Project (a) was the choice of 83 Amateurs in the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am including the eventual winner.

We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised to see the extra spin you’ll be able to generate which will lead to closer proximity to the hole and hopefully lower scores! And you can get all of this without giving up the maximum distance you crave off the tee! We’d love to have your feedback! Be one of the first to review this new ball at http://taylormadegolf.com/balls/projecta.html - if you do, please note in your review that the balls were provided to you in connection with this promotion.

Thanks!
-TaylorMade Golf

Got my email this morning, too.

Yep, I got selected also, can't wait to try these out and see how they help around the greens.

Got an email saying I was selected as well.

They turned me down. :confused2:

They turned me down. :confused2:

I noticed a bit of a pattern, so I went back and checked. Didn't we have to tell them what handicap range we were in during the sign up?

So far, out of the people here who have replied and have a listed handicap, all the single digit handicaps have not been selected. Only higher handicaps. Maybe they were looking for a specific test audience for people who were 11-36 handicaps and think that single digit handicappers would be less likely to buy these and would turn to a premium ball instead?

Have any of the guys who have been selected that don't list their handicap play to single digits?

I noticed a bit of a pattern, so I went back and checked. Didn't we have to tell them what handicap range we were in during the sign up?

So far, out of the people here who have replied and have a listed handicap, all the single digit handicaps have not been selected. Only higher handicaps. Maybe they were looking for a specific test audience for people who were 11-36 handicaps and think that single digit handicappers would be less likely to buy these and would turn to a premium ball instead?

Have any of the guys who have been selected that don't list their handicap play to single digits?

Makes sense I guess. I think that ball would be right in my wheelhouse however.

Makes sense I guess. I think that ball would be right in my wheelhouse however.

Then I hope you're selected for the testing here on THP.

Then I hope you're selected for the testing here on THP.

I appreciate that but I will not see the course again until April if I am lucky. I will follow along for sure as I am very curious to see what this ball can do.

Yeah I noticed that to. I think they are looking at the golfers who have a 10 handicap and higher. Mid-high handicappers.

Back