To all you that are golfing now...

rbarthle17

One-length advocate
Reaction score
Handicap
cold rain
Dear everyone currently golfing:

It's been a month since we've sniffed even bad golfing weather. I have snow on my yard from 2013. The next two weeks they say won't break freezing. It's been so cold, my garage doesn't get above freezing so nowhere to practice. I'm thisclose to losing my mind.

So to all of you playing daily and having a grand time, I have one thing to say to you, from the bottom of my heart.

I hate you. ?

Hate might be a strong word, but insert 'very very annoyed and jealous' and me too. I haven't hit a ball outside since very early November :(

Edit: And will be lucky to be back outside playing by April. Very lucky.

Here's an idea...

Move.

I should add that I like the cold usually. But this has been a brutal stretch.

Here's an idea...

Move.

That's what I do, I move from the car to the course to the range to the putting green back to the car and then home. I love it.

:alien:

Extremely fortunate, still on real greens too, but even today was too wet, windy and cold for me.
Been at a loose end all day, ebay taking a hammering...

Don't know how I'd cope with months off.

The conditions here vary greatly from week to week but are always golfable. Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day, last weekend was foggy and damp, and the weekend prior was a wind/rain storm.
I love being able to golf year round and can't imagine having an off season.

Buy an Orange whip, insulate the garage door and give it hell!!!

Said the man from California, you know the state where everyone in La Panicked because it was going to be low 50's in December............

Stay safe and think warm thoughts

Lol. "Above freezing". Winter sucks. If it's that much of a problem move. If that's not an option, cowboy up.

Its 74 outside. I almost broke a sweat in shorts today.

Ha ha.

I generally love winter, and the snow, and the cold doesn't bother me either. I say generally, because there is just something about this winter that has my mindset completely reversed. Maybe it was all of the golf I played in 2013? Maybe my three trips to Florida (two of which when it was too cold to play here)? Or maybe it's because of joining THP and having made friends with people all over the country who CAN play year-round? Whatever it is, this winter has SUCKED and I can't wait for next month when I get to travel, see the sun, feel some warmth, hear the birds, smell the golf course, and smack the little white ball around the yard.

I don't hate anyone for living in a warmer climate and playing golf year-round....but it does make me appreciate the game even more than I already do.

Bummer! It's meant to get to about 75*F here today with a gentle breeze, perfect golfing weather, lol.

So far I have 4 rounds in this year. 3 of them were in temps below freezing. I told myself I wouldn't complain, as cold golf is better than NO golf. :D

Guilty as charged here. Has been sunny and in the mid 70s all month. Played 13 times so far this month/year.

Its summer over here and ive been out to the course quite a few times. Sorry I had to :alien:.

Played all 5 days last week under the winter 2014 conditions that have shown up every single day. Round started around 38 degrees at 8:30 or so and ended at 12:30 around 70 degrees, all 5 days... shorts and short sleeves by the back nine every day.

Its 74 outside. I almost broke a sweat in shorts today.

Ha ha.
They recently started a new set of green fees, so I've been walking and carrying the past couple of rounds. To hell with a $13 charge for a cart.

I got a decent sweat going. Might have to reconsider walking, or at least get a push-cart, by the beginning of March.

I foresee an opposite thread in about 6 months. When it's 106 down here and we all start sweating at daybreak!

FWIW, it was 74 according to my truck when I left the golf course today. The next two days will have a high in the 30s. Such is life in TX

I've been hoping for bad weather so I will stay away from the golf course, doesn't look good for bad weather for awhile.

Having lived in Michigan in the past for more than twenty years, I can relate to the frustration of their winters. The worst part was the length of their winters. I don't miss them at all. Michigan summers are another story.

Well, temps will be in the 80s this week, looks like I might be sweating on the course.

Back