Cat causes $5,000 damage at Pompano Beach Humane Society

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
A cat turns on the faucet — then the Florida Humane Society faced disaster
Michelle Kaufmanmkaufman@miamiherald.com

Curiosity may not have killed the cat in this case, but it certainly did cause a whole lot of damage to the Florida Humane Society in Pompano Beach.

A frisky feline known to play in sinks apparently turned on a water faucet at the nonprofit’s shelter, left it running full blast for 17 hours, and flooded the place. Humane Society president Carol Ebert got a call at 7:15 a.m. last Thursday, informing her that water was running out the back door of the facility on North Powerline Road.

Staff members initially assumed a water pipe had burst.

But when they got inside to survey the situation, they discovered the mess was caused by a water faucet in a cat room that had inexplicably been turned on. Although none of the cats has confessed, there is a 6-month-old suspect. The Humane Society is not naming the cat.

“We can’t be sure which cat did it, because we don’t have cameras in there, but we have a good idea because there was one younger female cat who really liked playing in sinks,” said volunteer Terry Arbour. “There was a tall spout in that sink that moves around, and the cat somehow was able to turn it on. It’s possible there was collusion from others, but she probably had something to do with it.”

Reason #666 for hating cats.

There's at least 1 cat a month around here that goes missing and 95% of them fall prey to coyotes. The coyotes make quite a racket when they make a kill whatever the prey, sometimes waking me up a night. It does cut down on the number of owners that leave their cats out at night but I know 1 family that has lost 2 cats in the last 18 months. I wonder if PETA considers this animal abuse? I certainly don't.

Last edited:
:laughing:

See, that's why cats stay out of my house....and because I'm allergic to them.

Reason #666 for hating cats.

I see what you did there

And Mrs Norris is not amused

abc0f61520fa988bd59047b401b74935.jpg

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

And another reason why i hate cats.

Hahahaha that's hilarious.

I'm flying against the grain but I love cats. Their curiosity is generally hilarious, although it can get them in trouble sometimes...case in point here haha

Back