How would you describe yourself?

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
Two questions as sort of a mini demographic of this forum

1. Would you describe yourself as a conservative, liberal or something else?

2. Would you describe yourself as religious or non-religious?

I'll answer first. I'm a conservative and am religious as well

We will keep this open for now, but we leave politics and religion off the main forum.
There is a debate room, for those with Albatross Club Memberships that does allow this discussion.

Two things you never discuss...religion and politics. :D

I don't think this post is gonna make it far bud. The forum tries to refrain from discussing such topics so things don't get out of hand.

I know at times the topics slip in to conversation and to my knowledge everyone has remained open and civil towards one another for the most part. But I doubt the owner wants it to become a frequent thing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Im a white male who enjoys long walks on the beach.

I am a fiscal conservative and not religious.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm married, I golf, love pizza and beer. The rest is just fluff!

Two things you never discuss...religion and politics. :D

Too bad, especially since both of those topics play a major role in our daily lives. I don't think you would have ever heard our Nations Founding Father's ever saying, "Two things you never discuss...religion and politics." not hardly. Those two topics were of utmost importance to them and were woven into the fabric of their lives. Just saying .........

I'm of the THP party and I worship a little bastard golf ball that I chase around all over really nice courses.

Last edited:
Too bad, especially since both of those topics play a major role in our daily lives. I don't think you would have ever heard our Nations Founding Father's ever saying, "Two things you never discuss...religion and politics." not hardly. Those two topics were of utmost importance to them and were woven into the fabric of their lives. Just saying .........

There are certainly places and times for those discussions. Not sure a golf forum with conversation over keyboards is the best situation for the two topics at hand.

It depends on which founding father you are thinking of. Several of the earliest were Freemasons that would not openly discuss religion other than their belief in God. Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, and many more were careful to discuss religion despite their belief in a supreme being.

I'm of the THP party and I worship a little bastard golf ball that I chase around all over really nice courses.
It's a great party.

Now that damn ball on the other hand . . .

This is not exactly a public forum. The owners have the right to manage content as they see fit, and rightfully so.

That said, I am surprised that so many fear that actually self-identifying politically and religiously would ignite a flame war. Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised, because there is an increasingly widely held view that tolerance as a societal value is disappearing, and fast.

This is not exactly a public forum. The owners have the right to manage content as they see fit, and rightfully so.

That said, I am surprised that so many fear that actually self-identifying politically and religiously would ignite a flame war. Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised, because there is an increasingly widely held view that tolerance as a societal value is disappearing, and fast.

I don't think its fear here, I think its the realization that on a golf forum, it doesn't matter who is what party affiliation or what they do/don't worship.

We all love GOLF.

I don't like to define myself by anything I can't directly control.

So I would describe myself as a golf nut and who calls upon the golf gods to not smite me anytime I play.

I'm a Christian and a libertarian, and I feel very little obligation to discuss those matters on the golf course. Especially unpleasant given my profession. If we could please discuss sports, the weather, and golf stuff, I'd prefer it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I love golf.

Golf is fun.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I don't think its fear here, I think its the realization that on a golf forum, it doesn't matter who is what party affiliation or what they do/don't worship.

We all love GOLF.
Speaking of golf, get your tail up here soon :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1. I am a fiscally conservative, socially liberal Republican.

2. I was raised LDS but I am now an Agnostic.

Back