annsguy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
No, I am not pretending to be Peyton Manning calling signals. I just got back from Omaha where I had a kid swimming in the Olympic Trials. When the wife and I landed we were able to get into the final game of the College Baseball World Series for free since it was rained out the night before. I live in the Carolinas and had no idea where Coastal Carolina was. Yea, I assumed it was on the coast. Just which one?

I cannot say enough about Omaha, its people,airport,venues, food and the unreal atmosphere for both sports. I am not sure it would be so cool in a larger town. Just wanted to throw some love at these nice folks.

The CWS is one of the coolest sporting events I have ever been to, and I have been to quite a few. Glad you had fun

For reference, Costal is in Myrtle Beach (just outside). Very nice facilities for baseball.

Omaha is a great town, I often times fly out of there for trips. I've got friends that live there too and every time I go I'm more impressed.

They have some great golf courses too!

Omaha is a great town, I often times fly out of there for trips. I've got friends that live there too and every time I go I'm more impressed.

They have some great golf courses too!

Omaha hosts some great sporting events and it's always a blast to go to them. You have to try pretty hard to find someone who will treat you bad in Nebraska (unless you are a Husker football coach, then you have everybody getting mad at you, haha), even if you are rooting for an opposing team.

I was able to find that out over a cold beer with some nice fans from Coastal.I had gone to the trials four years ago but did not do the baseball which is awesome. I also know they have a world class zoo.NOTHING beats the joy of kids competing in events like these.
For reference, Costal is in Myrtle Beach (just outside). Very nice facilities for baseball.

GO BIG RED!!!

But seriously, Omaha is a great town, if you ever want to travel a bit further outside of Omaha and head to Lincoln, I'd love to tee it up, heck I'd meet you in Omaha!!!

For reference, Coastal is in Myrtle Beach (just outside). Very nice facilities for baseball.
Yeah, it's in a town called Conway, about ten miles from the beach (my folks and my sister live there). If you drive 501 to the beach, you'll pass it on the right hand side. They have a pretty nice golf course as well (General James Hackler Course).

Long time ago I had a long distance relationship with someone in Omaha, always enjoyed going there. I think their zoo is better than San Diego's also.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back