UST Mamiya & THP Shaft Spectacular - July 2016

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A few months ago we kicked off this amazing monthly drawing and this continues for the final THP & UST Shaft Spectacular of 2016. Each month two lucky THPers get the tour treatment as 2016 continues to #ChangeTheGame. For those looking at what this is all about, check out the Live Update Thread from the February edition and see the surprises. Or here for the March thread and see the surprises.

When & Where
July 29th & 30th
UST HQ in DFW, TX

Cost & What's Included
There is no cost at all to you, outside of your traveling expenses (airfare, hotel, etc). Your days there are on THP & UST and that is complete with all of the below.
Tour the UST Facility
Test Product on Launch Monitor
Get fit for new product
Equipment involved (so far here is what we have seen)
Round of Golf
And much much more

Itinerary
Friday - 7/29
Tour UST Mamiya
Equipment & Shaft Talk & Education
Lunch
Fitting
Dinner

Saturday - 7/30
Golf

How To Get Involved
Getting to be a part of this special program will be by sign up each month in the respective threads. Your 2016 Albatross Club membership is your key to unlock this and many other programs on THP. If you are not a member, and want information on how to join and help support the Humane Society shelters and animals in need, click here.

It Said Equipment What Does That Mean
It changes every month and the program will be different every month. One month it might be all about the driver, the next month it could be irons and so on. It will be a surprise when you walk through the door and are greeted by THP & UST and you never know what will be included. The only thing we can say on this is, prepare to be surprised and no two months will ever be the same in their entirety. We have seen new Callaway drivers given away, new Miura wedges, new TaylorMade clubs, Cobra clubs and so much more.

Signing Up
All you have to do is signup in this thread and let us know that you want to be a part of this amazing couple of days and why. Please also include this information.
Your Current Shafts in each club in your bag

Good luck everybody

Would love a shot at this one, UST has been doing some amazing things with all the lucky participants. I would love to take my game to the next level with some serious shaft knowledge.

Driver - PX LZ Handcrafted
3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Black
Hybrids - Kuro Kage 80
Irons - DG S400 Tour Issue
Wedges - KBS Tour-V

I want to be a part because following each event has been a lot of fun. Each participant has walked away with a great amount of knowledge gained and not to mention amazingly fit new clubs. Plus Dallas is the home of Americas Team, thats right I said it.

My shafts are: Fujukura 565 in driver. Aldila Rogue 70 I/O in 3 wood. Kuro Kage in heavenwood. Steelfiber iron shafts with KBS Tour wedge shafts.

I want to be part of the UST Mamiya THP Shaft Spectacular BECAUSE I HAVE A PULSE! This event has been insane month in and month out.

Knowledge? Check.
Golf? Check.
Fitting by one of the best? Check.
FUN with a company who gets it? Check.
DF-FREAKING-W? Check.
Great food? Check.
THP sized memories? BIG check.

I. Want. In.

Currently playing:
DRIVER: UST Mamiya ATTAS 4U 7TS
FAIRWAYS: Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
HYB: Fuji Speeder HB95X
IRONS: Project X PXi 6.5
WEDGES: UST Mamiya Recoil Wedge Proto's
PUTTER: UST FF Putter Shaft

I would love to be a part of this event the knowledge available from Danny alone make this an event of a lifetime. Add to that the goodies and golf and this makes for an unimaginable couple of days. Also being able to document the event so others on the forum can follow along, the past event have made it seem like we were there with them.

driver - projectx LZ 50 6.0
woods/hybrids - projectx LZ 6.0
irons - Recoil 780 ES F4
wedge - projectx 6.0
Putter - steel

Last edited:
I really want to be in this, this is my last shot an event before football starts. UST has knocked it out of the park with these events.
Driver: Fiji 565 speeder
3 wood: fuji pro 70
Hybrid: Kuro tonight
Irons: XP 95
Wedges: recoil 110
Putter: stock

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Any chance to spend with the leaders of shaft tech is a gift that keeps on giving! Why wouldn't you want to win?!?

Driver: Taylormade M1 9.5° Grafalloy Prolaunch Red R Flex
Fairway: Callaway XR 3w 15° Stock Project X 6.0 S Flex
Hybrid: Ping G30 4h 22° G30 5h 26° Stock TFC 419H R Flex
Irons: Ping i25 5-PW Stock KBS S Flex
Wedges: Cleveland 588 Blade RTX 50° 54° 60° Stock TrueTemper Dynamic Gold

Oh man. I would love to be able to do this.

Driver. Ust elements chrome
Fairway woods. Kuro Kage silver Tini
Utility. Recoil 460
Irons. Matrix red tie
Wedges. Kbs tour v.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly I cannot make this as I will be in Cancun. But good luck to the entrants!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Would love to fill out my bag with UST Mamiya:

Driver - Alidia Tour Green
Woods- Aldila NV 2KXV Orange
Hybrid - Recoil 670
Irons- Recoil 670
Wedges - Recoil 460.

I have wanted in this from the initial announcement and that has not changed. I want the chance to have Danny Le work his magic with a fitting and to learn moe about UST and shafts in general.

Driver - hzrdus yellow 6.0
FW - rogue black 80 s
utility - kbs c-taper lite s
hybrid - rogue black 85h s
irons - DG AMT S400 tour issue
wedges - DG S200'wedge flex

I would love to get fitted by the best. I know that UST could finally tell me what shafts I should truly be in.
Driver- UST elements chrome+
Irons- KBS Ctaper lite
wedges-stock Vokeys shafts
putter-stock

Would love to be included in this event. UST makes incredible products. Would love to get fit by experts who specialize in manufacturing shafts and not just selling clubs!

Driver: Fujikura SIX
5 Wood: Matrix White Tie
3,4,5, Hybrid: Fujikura REAX 65
Irons & Wedges: Recoil 95 Protos
Putter: Standard Scotty Cameron steel shaft

Good luck to all entering! If there is any chance you can make it happen, you would be crazy not to enter.

Cannot wait to follow along once again!

Being fortunate enough to win one of the custom shafts through contests, I can't thank UST Mamiya and THP enough for welcoming THP'ers into the fold for these incredibly unique experiences, be it in person, or following from home!

The final act.....looking forward to the grand finale.

Would love to get more knowledge on shafts!
Driver ping tour reg
3wood & hybrids diamana blue stiff
irons Paderson 80 gram reg.

The reason I would like to be apart of this event is due in part that I know it will have a longer lasting benefit for me as I grow as a golfer.

When I started playing 3 years ago I was playing regular shafts and never had been fitted for shafts for my swing. Now that I have stiffer shafts I want to take the next step, I want to maximize my game with knowing the specs for my type of swing to elevate my game to the next level.

my current shafts:

Driver: Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana D+ White 70X
3 wood: Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage 70S
Hybrid: Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana D+ White 90S
Irons: True Temper Dynalite 105S
Wedges: Dynamic Gold S400
Putter: True Temper

Man, I was really holding out hope that the July dates would work for me, but I'm unfortunately headed out of town on Saturday.

Whoever gets chosen is going to have a FANTASTIC time.

I want to be in because these were the only THP events I could afford to attend. I can't do any of the others... These are it. So, my last chance for the entire year. Plus, I sincerely need help getting the right shaft to fit me in my irons because of weighting issues with a +1", and to tweak what's going on at 47" with my driver would help me a ton. I've called and talked to UST twice this year, but to have them help me in-person would be the total answer. Here goes...

Driver: Xphlexxx Agera 70 X
Fairway: Diamana D+ 82 X
Hybrids: Tour AD-DI 85 X
Irons: TT XP 95 S hard stepped
Wedges: TT DG S400
Putter: Stock SeeMore 38" counter weighted

Good luck everyone! These are such a fun follow and great event. Stupid work conflict for me on all of them. Looking forward to following again.

My golf odyssey started 6 years ago and shafts are still a black hole of knowledge. I recently bought a used iron set because the shafts in the previous set had me flummoxed (inconsistent ball flight). The opportunity to work with Danny and Lindsay is what dreams are made of. The Lone Star state (TX) is known for hospitality and the North Star state (MN) is known for being nice. Sounds like a great pairing!

Driver: Aldila Tour Blue ATX 55, stiff
3W, 3h & 4h: Project X 6.0, stiff
5i -> GW: TT XP 95, stiff
SW: TT DG S300
Putter: stock

Good luck to all that enter. I can't make these dates & that kills me because I really wanted to experience UST and a weekend of great knowledge from Danny and Lindsey.

I would absolutely love to be part of this event. Just following what UST has done with lucky THPers in the earlier events, the shaft knowledge that Danny has shared, get fitted by the best and a chance to play a round with Danny and Lindsay - I would be crazy not to want to be part of this event!!

Driver Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5, 62g
3 Wood - Fujikura Speeder 865
Hybrid - UST Mamiya 780 Recoil
Irons - Nippon Pro Modus
Wedges - True Temper S300

I would love to be a part of this amazing event because I believe that UST can turn my game around. I am an absolutely terrible driver of the golf ball given my skill level and I would love to see if Danny and Lindsay are up to the challenge to improve on my <25% FIR rate. Also, following along each month and seeing the transformations in everyone's game has truly been amazing to see. Who wouldn't want to be a part of that?

Current shaft lineup
Driver: Matrix VLCT ST (stiff, 65g)
3 wood: Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver TiNi (stiff, 60g)
Driving Iron: KBS Tour C-Taper Lite (stiff, 120g)
Hybrid: Matrix VLCT Altus (stiff, 75g)
Irons: TT Dynamic Gold (S300)
Wedges: TT Dynamic Gold (S300, 130)
Putter: Stock Wilson-Staff

Back