• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Curious to see the ration of those who choose spiked over spikeless. Not really looking for what you wear during what conditions, I want to hear what your "go to" shoe is for an every day round.

Spiked shoes? Spikeless?

Spiked in general I like a harder sole shoe so I stick to spiked even though I have a few pair of spikeless.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Poll is up.

I have both, tend to wear spiked more than spikeless.

Since I play 90+% of my rounds in spikeless, I went that option. Only wear spiked the half dozen or so rounds a year when I ride.

I have both, but prefer spikeless.

Have both... but my goto for vanities sake of matching (they're white and black and go with just about everything) are spiked

I have both, prefer spikeless.

Have both but prefer spiked shoes.

I have both, and wear spiked 95% of the time.

I have both but only wear my spikes when the course is wet. Otherwise the comfort of spikeless wins every time.

Have always worn spikes. Never tried spikeless.

Would be curious to know more about why those who prefer spikeless do so.

I never got around to playing spikeless. I might for a causal round but seems like those are less often than I might like.

Lately I have been grabbing the spikeless more often than the spiked. That being said its typically weather based, if its raining I'm grabbing the spiked shoes for more grippage.

Play a lot in the early morning with dew on the grass and the spiked shoes give me more traction and control.

I only used spiked shoes. I have no pairs of spikeless.

I've played in tennis shoes, does that count?

I have both, also, but wear spikeless more often.

I only have spikes. Never tried on a pair of spikeless.

I have both and I game them in an even platoon. Depends on my scripting for the round

Used to mix and match, but spiked pretty much all the time for me at this point.

Have both but prefer spikeless mainly for the convenience of not having to change shoes at the course. Both types of shoes are very comfortable to me, so it's just mainly a convenience thing.

Go to is spikeless and pretty much has been for the last 2.5 to 3 years

I prefer spikes. I bought my first pair of spikeless this year and they are ok, I just prefer spikes.

I have been spikeless since I got the Ecco's as part of the 2013 Morgan Cup....I love the fact that I can put them on at home, wear them to the course and wear them into the store on the way home if I need to.....plus they are really comfy!

Spikeless, unless it's a seriously wet mud ball day.

Back