The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gawd, Carolina looks useless out there, yet the Lions lost to them SMH. That NFC South sure is a barn burner. Love seeing blowouts during primetime :bulgy-eyes:

Thoughts on this trade:

Team A Gives up:
Jamaal Charles
TY Hilton

Team B gives up:
Big Ben
Odell Beckham
Gio Bernard
Ronnie Hillman

Team A has Colin Kaepernick and Cam Newton at QB. Team A has Demarco Murray, Fred Jackson as additional RBs.

Why on earth would someone give us Charles and Hilton TOGETHER in a trade. 2 of the hottest players going this year. Ummmm, no, I would be keeping them put.

Yeah that trade makes no sense. To me it's the classic throw 4 players for 2 and make it look better. Plus Hillman is out 2 weeks and this time of the year that is huge for a fantasy payoff run

Why on earth would someone give us Charles and Hilton TOGETHER in a trade. 2 of the hottest players going this year. Ummmm, no, I would be keeping them put.

Yeah that trade makes no sense. To me it's the classic throw 4 players for 2 and make it look better. Plus Hillman is out 2 weeks and this time of the year that is huge for a fantasy payoff run

That is my initial thought too.

Team B that offered 4 players also said they would take Hillman out and add Lesean McCoy to the package.

Patriots week is here!!!

Full blown... hate EVERYTHING about them mode!!!!!!

That is my initial thought too.

Team B that offered 4 players also said they would take Hillman out and add Lesean McCoy to the package.

McCoy hasn't had a world wind points season this year like many thought he would. Go back and look at his points compared to other RB's. 7 pts. last night in a game that threw up 45 points for the Eagles. And now Sproles is back to eat into some more carries.

Man oh man...

Patrick Willis done for the year.
Brandon Mebane done for the year.

The NFC West defenses just took a BIG time hit.

Jags best receiver rookie Allen Robinson to IR with stress fracture in foot. That really sucks. Bortles favorite receiver (that wears the same colored jersey - hey-o!)

The Star will be in my backyard.

frisco_01_48x241.jpg

The Dallas Cowboys unveiled the name of the entire 91-acre mixed-use development project that will include the new home to the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters. Oh to be the owner of the Dallas Cowboys.

The Star in Frisco, Texas is the official name for the development that will be home to the Cowboys new training complex, a 12,000-seat multi-use event center, a recently announced Omni hotel, and a wide range of mixed-use elements on the property located at the northwest corner of Warren Parkway and the Dallas North Tollway.

“When you think of the Dallas Cowboys visually, the iconic logo immediately comes to mind,” said Cowboys COO Stephen Jones. “It’s instantly recognizable and a source of great pride on the regional, national and international level. We believe it is also symbolic of the great pride that the citizens of Frisco feel about their community and being from the State of Texas.”

“The Star in Frisco also represents five key points that we believe that this City and this development are all about: performance, amateur competition, health and wellness, engagement, and entertainment.”

“It’s the first thing most people envision when you say Dallas Cowboys, so it’s befitting The Star in Frisco is the name of this development, which will be home to America’s Team,” said Frisco Mayor Maher Maso. “We’re looking forward to the day The Star in Frisco is open for business, building upon our city’s growing reputation as a community that values innovative, unique high-caliber developments. This project is a source of pride in Frisco - and has been since the day our public-private partnership was announced. In a way, The Star is already shining in Frisco, and we can’t wait to begin hosting our residents, students and visitors at The Star in 2016.”

With the new branding of the Star in Frisco in place, corporate naming partnerships for the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters and the multi-use event center will be pursued moving forward.

The partnership between the Dallas Cowboys, the City of Frisco and the Frisco Independent School District was announced on August 13th, 2013, and ground was officially broken on the project on August 22nd, 2014. The Cowboys are expected to make the move north to Frisco in 2016.

A multi-use special events and sports facility to be developed on a footprint of approximately 20 acres, and the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters on a footprint of approximately five acres, will be the centerpiece of additional property that has been designated for mixed use development. In total, the project will consist of 91 acres located at the northwest corner of Warren Parkway and the Dallas North Tollway.

In addition to the becoming the home to the NFL team’s entire football operation, including administrative offices, coaches offices and the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, the complex will include a multipurpose, 12,000 seat, indoor stadium and two outdoor fields that will provide facilities for use by the Cowboys, City of Frisco, Frisco ISD football and soccer games and other sports, athletic, academic, fine arts and entertainment events.

The mixed-use development will be built on approximately 66 acres remaining of the 91-acre tract.

It will include additional office buildings, lifestyle, retail and restaurant space, hotel and residential components that Dallas based Lincoln Property Company will handle the leasing of as the project moves forward. Gensler has been selected as the architect and interior designer for the Cowboys World Headquarters and the adjoining multi-use event center. Manhattan Construction will serve as the primary builder charged with the construction of the Cowboys World Headquarters and the multi-use event center, while Dallas based O’Brien Architects has been designated as the designer for the master plan of the mixed-use development that will surround the Cowboys World Headquarters and the multi-use event center.

thestarplaza2.jpg

The Star will be in my backyard.

frisco_01_48x241.jpg

The Dallas Cowboys unveiled the name of the entire 91-acre mixed-use development project that will include the new home to the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters. Oh to be the owner of the Dallas Cowboys.

The Star in Frisco, Texas is the official name for the development that will be home to the Cowboys new training complex, a 12,000-seat multi-use event center, a recently announced Omni hotel, and a wide range of mixed-use elements on the property located at the northwest corner of Warren Parkway and the Dallas North Tollway.

“When you think of the Dallas Cowboys visually, the iconic logo immediately comes to mind,” said Cowboys COO Stephen Jones. “It’s instantly recognizable and a source of great pride on the regional, national and international level. We believe it is also symbolic of the great pride that the citizens of Frisco feel about their community and being from the State of Texas.”

“The Star in Frisco also represents five key points that we believe that this City and this development are all about: performance, amateur competition, health and wellness, engagement, and entertainment.”

“It’s the first thing most people envision when you say Dallas Cowboys, so it’s befitting The Star in Frisco is the name of this development, which will be home to America’s Team,” said Frisco Mayor Maher Maso. “We’re looking forward to the day The Star in Frisco is open for business, building upon our city’s growing reputation as a community that values innovative, unique high-caliber developments. This project is a source of pride in Frisco - and has been since the day our public-private partnership was announced. In a way, The Star is already shining in Frisco, and we can’t wait to begin hosting our residents, students and visitors at The Star in 2016.”

With the new branding of the Star in Frisco in place, corporate naming partnerships for the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters and the multi-use event center will be pursued moving forward.

The partnership between the Dallas Cowboys, the City of Frisco and the Frisco Independent School District was announced on August 13th, 2013, and ground was officially broken on the project on August 22nd, 2014. The Cowboys are expected to make the move north to Frisco in 2016.

A multi-use special events and sports facility to be developed on a footprint of approximately 20 acres, and the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters on a footprint of approximately five acres, will be the centerpiece of additional property that has been designated for mixed use development. In total, the project will consist of 91 acres located at the northwest corner of Warren Parkway and the Dallas North Tollway.

In addition to the becoming the home to the NFL team’s entire football operation, including administrative offices, coaches offices and the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, the complex will include a multipurpose, 12,000 seat, indoor stadium and two outdoor fields that will provide facilities for use by the Cowboys, City of Frisco, Frisco ISD football and soccer games and other sports, athletic, academic, fine arts and entertainment events.

The mixed-use development will be built on approximately 66 acres remaining of the 91-acre tract.

It will include additional office buildings, lifestyle, retail and restaurant space, hotel and residential components that Dallas based Lincoln Property Company will handle the leasing of as the project moves forward. Gensler has been selected as the architect and interior designer for the Cowboys World Headquarters and the adjoining multi-use event center. Manhattan Construction will serve as the primary builder charged with the construction of the Cowboys World Headquarters and the multi-use event center, while Dallas based O’Brien Architects has been designated as the designer for the master plan of the mixed-use development that will surround the Cowboys World Headquarters and the multi-use event center.

thestarplaza2.jpg

That's going to great. Frisco is a top notch city.

I smell Franchise Tag and holdout on the horizon

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/1...l?storylink=addthis#.VGPHptfMKDs.twitter&rh=1

“I just know what I’m going to accept and I know what I’m not going to accept,” Bryant said. “You know, it’s not about the money. It’s not about none of that. I just feel like a little respect should play a factor in that. I love it [here]. I really do. But every day you grow. Let’s see what happens. It’s all about respect. It’s all about respect. I am a very loyal person, but just don’t test my loyalty.”

It's not about the money ... I just expect plenty of it because you know, it's all about respecting me.

These guys realize that they play a game for a living right?

Shaun hill back at qb in stl

Lol at the notion of tens of millions being "disrespectful"

Good ole negotiations. Love it.

Rumor has it, he is looking for a clause that says he is the highest or in the top 3 WR money wise for the duration of the contract. Not sure he gets that, but it would not surprise me.
Absolutely nothing would surprise me with Jurrah at the helm

Now that Jay Z is his agent he might get a record deal thrown in for good measure.

Rumor has it, he is looking for a clause that says he is the highest or in the top 3 WR money wise for the duration of the contract. Not sure he gets that, but it would not surprise me.

Has that been done before? And, if so, what if 5 players have the same clause?

First team to score a TD wins this game. Both red zone offenses are pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back