Wishon single length

davis20

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone tried these? I'd love to try these out. I have an upright swing and would love to have a one set up, one swing thing going. My 6 iron/ 7 iron length would be perfect. YouTube videos look positive on these.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Anyone tried these? I'd love to try these out. I have an upright swing and would love to have a one set up, one swing thing going. My 6 iron/ 7 iron length would be perfect. YouTube videos look positive on these.

The linked thread has lots of useful information/feedback. I will say that unless you play a very short 6 or 7 iron, the Wishon heads will be too heavy for what you desire.

The linked thread has lots of useful information/feedback. I will say that unless you play a very short 6 or 7 iron, the Wishon heads will be too heavy for what you desire.
I'm kind of a fan of heavier headed clubs. But I'll have to try these out. Seems to have some good feedback from those who have tried them.

I'm kind of a fan of heavier headed clubs. But I'll have to try these out. Seems to have some good feedback from those who have tried them.

They are designed to be played at 36.5 to 37" at most - I went to 37.25" with the lightweight Wishon steel shaft and they were at D8-D9. Not a problem for me (or my brother who stole them since they worked so well for him) but could be for some people.

They are designed to be played at 36.5 to 37" at most - I went to 37.25" with the lightweight Wishon steel shaft and they were at D8-D9. Not a problem for me (or my brother who stole them since they worked so well for him) but could be for some people.
My X2's are d2 I believe. Anyone know how much lead tape I would need to simulate a d8 or d9 swing weight so I can feel the difference.

My X2's are d2 I believe. Anyone know how much lead tape I would need to simulate a d8 or d9 swing weight so I can feel the difference.

Depends on how heavy your lead tape is. Two grams of weight equals a single SW point. My high density tape from Golfworks is 1 gram per inch, meaning I need 2 inches to move it a point.

I'm not sure what mine is honestly, I'll have to get some new tape and look. So I need 12 grams to go from d2-d8 is that right?

I'm not sure what mine is honestly, I'll have to get some new tape and look. So I need 12 grams to go from d2-d8 is that right?

Yes - you can also improvise with coins and tape. A penny is 2.5 grams and a nickel is 5. So two nickels and a penny will get you pretty close if you just want to get a feel.

Yes - you can also improvise with coins and tape. A penny is 2.5 grams and a nickel is 5. So two nickels and a penny will get you pretty close if you just want to get a feel.
Yeah I'm just looking to get a down and dirty feel of it. That way if I'm like not a chance I don't waste my time finding a place to go swing these single lengths. Nearest place to me I think is an hour and a half.

Back