Grips for humidity / sweaty hands?

SouthernShred

'16 Grandaddy Champ - Team Unity
Reaction score
Handicap
I've crawled a few of the threads here but does anyone have a preference for grips in high humidity conditions that lead to sweaty hands? I live in the deep south and the humidity is through the roof in the summer and early fall. My right hand is constantly slipping and I'm always working it with a towel. Should I be looking at something like Dry Hands? I'm using standard sized MCC's which are perfectly fine all other times of the year.

UTx?

Shannon

Z Chords are always a good bet. They're expensive and a bit harsh. But moisture management is awesome.

I recently got Best Grips Leather grips, and so far they've been great. Very tacky, and the more moisture your hands have, the tackier the grip gets. They are pretty pricey though. I'm waiting to see how the durability is on them as I just had them put on.

Lamkin UTx. Battle the same, if not worse, conditions down in south GA and these are great. Not too harsh on the hands either.

I like the NDMC's, haven't had an issue with them in the humidity.

In Central Alabama the best I have found are the Golf Pride CP2 I am using the pros atm but the wraps are just as good and don't have any issue with high 90s temps coupled with 80% humidity.

For me, the grips don't matter a whole lot. Key is to keep your hands cool so they don't sweat. Instead of a dry towel, use a cold wet one to cool off your hands before a shot. If they are cool, they won't sweat, problem solved.

bro, apart from the heart of the amazon rain forest i don't know if it gets more humid than central florida. utx are the best i've ever tried and it's not close. i watched a guy dip his utx grip in water, then take a dry towel and give it a few aggressive rubs. it was dry as a bone and tacky. super impressive. although he said, and i'm not sure there's any truth to this, that the distressed color had the best moisture management. and they're $3.49 right now!

Lamkin UTx. Battle the same, if not worse, conditions down in south GA and these are great. Not too harsh on the hands either.

Yeah, I grew up in Columbus, GA and played a lot in south GA...I used GP Tour Wraps at the time but man I wore those out quick.

I recently got Best Grips Leather grips, and so far they've been great. Very tacky, and the more moisture your hands have, the tackier the grip gets. They are pretty pricey though. I'm waiting to see how the durability is on them as I just had them put on.

I've played both of these and they get my vote. UTX can be had for a steal right now.

Yeah, I grew up in Columbus, GA and played a lot in south GA...I used GP Tour Wraps at the time but man I wore those out quick.
Over a year and a half (about 175 rounds) with the UTx on my irons and they are still going strong. Get some Lamkin Gripes and clean them every couple of weeks. They are in fact the best thing since sliced bread!

I've played both of these and they get my vote. UTX can be had for a steal right now.

Any deals on standard size UTx?

Over a year and a half (about 175 rounds) with the UTx on my irons and they are still going strong. Get some Lamkin Gripes and clean them every couple of weeks. They are in fact the best thing since sliced bread!

I hate to spend the money as the NDMC are brand new but man, my 7 iron almost made a trip down the range today

I hate to spend the money as the NDMC are brand new but man, my 7 iron almost made a trip down the range today
I hear you. Go on the Lamkin website. There are some in their sale section for about $3.50 each. Put them on yourself and save the crazy fee Golfsmith and PGA SS charge.

I've always felt like the Tour Velvets where better for moisture than GP's cord options. I think it's the ribbing all over the grip, whereas the MCC's lines feel smooth to me.

I live in Houston were the humidity is 20% high than GA or FL today and have no issue with the Tour Velvet. And I sweat a lot.

I haven't tried the Utx.

i'll be honest i'm not sure about the rules regarding stuff you can put on your hands, but maybe if the conditions are that extreme, addressing the sweaty hands vs the grips (or both!) might be in order. Gym chalk comes to mind, but you can buy it in liquid form and it's not messy etc.....that could be worth a look?

I live in Florida. Best grip for humidity is the Winn Grip Dri Tac.

The longevity of this grip isn't good, but they are really good grips for the humidity.

Played 36 in hot humid weather with the mcc and had no issues. Utx are really good.

I've always felt like the Tour Velvets where better for moisture than GP's cord options. I think it's the ribbing all over the grip, whereas the MCC's lines feel smooth to me.

I live in Houston were the humidity is 20% high than GA or FL today and have no issue with the Tour Velvet. And I sweat a lot.

I haven't tried the Utx.

I was a gptv or gtfo guy, but when i got my md3 wedges with the stock acid green utx I immediately switched everything to utx. Absolutely love them.

Not exactly what you asked, but a bunch of guys around here have gone to rain gloves and say that's the ticket. Most just wear the 1 on their glove hand, but they are sold in pairs.

Back