Grips for humidity / sweaty hands?

In just a wee bit of July heat and humidity in Myrtle Beach brianmk24 used a rain glove. I had all stock grips and simply used a towel on them before most shots. I didn't have any issues eventhough I was soaked across every millimeter of my body. I honestly don't know how anyplace could be more humid. I never knew how much I could love towels!

Utx, Im in the Florida panhandle and have used most of the popular grips. I installed the Utx grips about 3 weeks ago and I'm extremely happy with them.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I thought my iLine grips would be good but this weekend was a bit of a struggle. To my surprise the mcc grip on my driver was the best of the bunch.

Thanks everyone, I definitely have some options to try.

UTx utx utx utx!

Though the new Z5 are likely to be worth of the conversation too.

UTx is my grip of choice and will be for a long time. Lamkin is a great company so they are easy to do business with.

Winn Dry-Tac are great. Been gaming these in wet humid 90+ weather here in balmy New England....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Central Alabama the best I have found are the Golf Pride CP2 I am using the pros atm but the wraps are just as good and don't have any issue with high 90s temps coupled with 80% humidity.
I have just regripped with these grips myself, and haven't gotten a chance to play. The reviews of these grips are so far to the extreme for good and bad it is hard to tell. I love the soft feel and have heard they are durable as hell, but what about sweaty hands? Not just water but, you know, sweat+sunscreen+whatever else? I feel them almost try to slip if my hands haven't been washed recently. Any problems?

For me, the grips don't matter a whole lot. Key is to keep your hands cool so they don't sweat. Instead of a dry towel, use a cold wet one to cool off your hands before a shot. If they are cool, they won't sweat, problem solved.
I played a round with my instructor and every few holes he would grab a few ice cubes and rub them. He said it helped a lot

I have just regripped with these grips myself, and haven't gotten a chance to play. The reviews of these grips are so far to the extreme for good and bad it is hard to tell. I love the soft feel and have heard they are durable as hell, but what about sweaty hands? Not just water but, you know, sweat+sunscreen+whatever else? I feel them almost try to slip if my hands haven't been washed recently. Any problems?
I am in SE Florida and have used the GP CP2 wrap for over a year. I go through 2-4 gloves a round in the summer. Grips do well. No complaints and I love the soft feel

I am in SE Florida and have used the GP CP2 wrap for over a year. I go through 2-4 gloves a round in the summer. Grips do well. No complaints and I love the soft feel
Awesome. I sometimes give up and go gloveless with a towel it's that bad. I love that soft pillowy feel like I can squeeze tight if I need to, but never seem to need to, haha.

I keep a towel just for my hands and use a greaseless spray sunscreen but unless I am on the range grinding and don't wipe my hands for a while never had one slip on me........yet

You could also try rain gloves.

I just put the pure pro's on my clubs. Not a big fan of them in the humidity. I think they'll be really nice in the spring and fall of the year. I am constantly drying my hands and wiping them down with a towel in this heat and humidty. I wear a glove on my left hand so I'm not worried about losing the club, but they are slicker than poo with my ungloved right hand. I had the NDMC golf pride grips before these and never had a problem. I have talked to quite a few guys around our range that use them and they love them. I guess I just have a bad case of the sweaty palms in this weather. hahaha :)

If you keep your irons, I'd look into bestgrips.com leather grips. They get more tacky with moisture.

The bestgrips have a reminder rib so for adjustable woods/hybrids, I use Lamkin UTx. Lamkin full cord Crosslines - the Keegan Bradley tour Crossline may also work. If I want leather, and I do on wedges, or adjustable clubs, I will get gripmaster leather factory seconds without the rib, and wrap them in an old cotton cloth for a week to take out the extra tack - save $5 and are perfect.

I use mid-sized GP Tour Velvets or something similar and scrub them off, under running water, every couple rounds. When they are clean they work fine when damp and great when sopping wet.

Back