Is it a mistake to game the E6 ball?

en.er.gy

Reaction score
Handicap
I've read good reviews online and in this forum. At the very least the Bridgestone E6 appears to be a solid choice for the struggling hacker as it can help reduce a few unwanted outcomes.

Brings me me to my question, am I hurting my game in the long run by playing this ball? Seems like those who use it have a hard time getting away from it, which could also be read as the ball doesn't allow you to improve your game beyond the need for that ball.

Getting back lack into golf, playing my first round with the new clubs next week and just today I plan to pick up a pack of E6 orange. I figure my game could use the extra help but not if it means I'll be handicapped forever shackled to the E6 as even the good reviews notate the downsides of this ball. Downsides that better players wouldn't accept in a game ball.

Any insight or direction is greatly appreciated.

I've read good reviews online and in this forum. At the very least the Bridgestone E6 appears to be a solid choice for the struggling hacker as it can help reduce a few unwanted outcomes.

Brings me me to my question, am I hurting my game in the long run by playing this ball? Seems like those who use it have a hard time getting away from it, which could also be read as the ball doesn't allow you to improve your game beyond the need for that ball.

Getting back lack into golf, playing my first round with the new clubs next week and just today I plan to pick up a pack of E6 orange. I figure my game could use the extra help but not if it means I'll be handicapped forever shackled to the E6 as even the good reviews notate the downsides of this ball. Downsides that better players wouldn't accept in a game ball.

The E6 is a fine ball and will serve you well.

There is no detriment to playing any distance ball, unless of course you want more spin around the greens and are not getting it due to the ball. The E6 is a fantastic ball to improve your confidence and your game. I would stick with the ball until you find yourself needing little more out of the ball, mainly spin with approaches, chips.

The e6 is a solid offering from Bridgestone and there is no shame in playing that ball or any other. If it can help you as a golfer and you feel comfortable with it then play it. When you get to the point that you feel that another ball might help you then switch. You may want to check out Callaway Supersoft or Srixon's offering as well.

On another note I saw them at Dick's and they were buy 2 dozen for 45 bucks which is a great deal. Good luck with the choice.

Why would you feel stuck to one ball? The E6 is a great ball, you might not get the most check around the greens, but you can account for that. It is a cheaper priced ball that is very good. I have no problem using them at all, (not my regular gamer ball). You won't have a problem transitioning to another ball as your game and confidence improves.

I am a single digit handicap and play this ball some in the winter months. Never have heard anyone say they were stuck playing this ball. Play whatever suites your game and gives you the best outcome.

None what so ever.

I can't imagine the e6 would hurt your game; it's a good ball. If it works for you, run with it. If not, there are a lot of great options out there to try.

You have to continually assess you game and make adjustments. This is true for clubs and balls. If you get to the point you desire more spin you can switch. If you are happy with the E6 there is no shame in playing the ball forever.

I appreciate all the replies. I researched a few other options (Chrome Soft, Supersoft, Super Hot 55, Wilson & Srixon) and if I'm lucky my local golf shop will sell sleeves so I can try a few without having to buy several packs.

If if not the plan remains to snag an E6 orange and run with it next week.

Wanted to confim that it wasn't normal to become so accustomed to the ball that you cannot improve the part of your game that requires a ball of that type.

when I played as a child never did I think anything of the ball I used. I grabbed whatever was cheap or cheap and my favorite color (orange). It totally makes sense but this world of carefully selecting the right ball for my game is all new to me.

The e6 is my usual cold weather ball. It's priced so If i lose one in the leaves in fall I'm not too upset. It feels great and really performs for me. As stated before, the only part it lacks is short game control but that depends on your specific requirements. I've turned a lot of friends onto the e6, some high handicaps and some low handicaps. Excellent ball.

In no way is it a mistake to game this ball. It won't hinder your game at all.

As many have already said in here, the E6 is a very solid ball. I use it to limit the side spin I put on the ball.

I stay with it cause I get very good consistent play with it as long as my swing remains consistent.

Short answer: No. Long Answer: Nooooooooooooooo.

I switched back to the E6 this year, using it as my main option with Q-Star, Callaway Supersofts, and Wilson Staff Duo's in my bag. I love the distance and reduction in sidespin (or at least a perceived reduction in side spin.

I honestly feel like I can do anything/everything I want with that ball. I was playing Chrome Softs early this year as well. I can't spin a ball on the greens (it is a technique issue for me, and not a ball issue), and I am ok with that. Get around the course how your personal game dictates.

It's a growth ball and one that can be played by many different types of players. Most people I know play it for as long as they do because they like the ball and not because they are stuck at a certain level. The great part about Bridgestone is they make lots of good balls and as one improves can do an online fitting, live chat or an I person fitting with their local reps to find another Bridgestone ball that works for their game

There is nothing wrong with playing the E6, it's a fine ball.

Just like playing GI equipment isn't something you can't move on from, playing the e6 isn't necessarily going to be permanent. I played the e6 when I was a higher handicapper, and transitioned to urethane covered balls with no problem.

The e6 is still one of my go to balls. It's an amazing ball at an even better price point.

Is it a mistake to game the E6 ball?

I play the E6 pretty regularly. I am around a 17-19 Handicap. When I do t feel like spending the money on the E6, or in the fall when i lose a lot of balls, I buy the 15 pack of refurbished Titleist NXT tour balls from Walmart. They have a very similar feel to me off the driver. That all being said if I find a ball I'll usually play it and more than half the time they are Pro-Vs and I play them fine as well. They just feel a little bit to solid off of my longer clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried some e6's but they didn't do anything to help my game

I played the e6 for about two years to tame the random slice. I would typically have a slight fade on every shot and maybe slice 2-3 OB every round. I developed a better swing path / grip and moved on to tour balls because they feel better. I still game an e6 from time to time though.

The E6 is a good ball but it's not going to help your game so much that you will be shackled to it... you still need to hit it well to get results, so if its a good fit for you right now go for it. if you switch it up down the road when your game improves it won't matter that much.

The E6 is a wonderful ball, one of favorites. I don't think handicap has anything to do with what ball you use. In my league there are guys playing pro v's that shoot high 50's. One guy is scratch or better and he plays low end balls to take approach spin off. One night I think he played a noodle. I can get an E6 to hop and stop or little to no rollout.

Not a mistake at all, probably a great decision. I used to play them all the time and still do when it gets colder. My side spin is down so I've switched over to a different ball, but I still love the e6 and would game it anyday.

Back