PXG and Bob Parsons not interested in Tiger?

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
From a recent interview with Bob Parsons of PXG;

“We’re just going to sit back and see how it shakes out,” Parsons told Golf Digest Thursday morning. “We’re not going to go knocking on doors. We’re going to see who knocks on our door.”
Parsons said he likely won’t be interested if Woods knocks on his door

Interesting thoughts from Parsons, as we are talking about one of the Greatest Golfers to ever play the game, and a company not being interested in him. I have a couple of reasons why Parsons, may think this way, but am curious to your thoughts?

Why would Bob Parsons NOT want Tiger with PXG?

Would Bob Parsons be overshadowed by Tiger?

I think he is posturing

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

My first thought is that Bob Parsons is full of crap. No way he wouldn't be interested if Tiger effin Woods came knocking on his door. Think about it, Tiger switches to PXG, gets healthy and has a resurgence in his career (that everyone anticipates and half ways expects to happen). He's full of it. Simple as that.

I'm not even sure it's about being overshadowed, I think it's about having a player actually playing on tour to get exposure for his brand. Right now TW is sidelined and not providing any ROI if signed

So freaking comical. We arent going to knock on doors, they have to come see us.
Hysterical.
Its what ****ing agents do. They speak to everybody and the whole "we have to be wanted" line is laughable, but predictable.

I think he believe he will be overshadowed by Tiger but there could also be the desire to not want his clubs questions when tiger doesn't win but again this is part of the overshadowing by Tiger.

maybe they want players who's game is stil relevant?

nothing newsworthy there really, the comment doesn't surprise me one bit, the fact that this made it to the internet does.

What better way to get more publicity than to make a statement like he's not interested in Tiger Woods?

I just honestly have serious doubts that if Tiger actually called him he would say to Tiger "we're not interested in having you play our clubs".

Not sure I believe anything this guys says...

To give him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he assumes the deal it would take to land Tiger would be too rich and they don't want to pay that much for any player, let alone one that comes with the risk of not playing much/at all.

But a blanket "not interested" position seems pretty laughable.

I don't know if I see Tiger signing with PXG then. The last thing I see Tiger doing is signing with a company that has publicly said it's not interested in him.

It'd be awesome if Tiger now signs with Honma.

Its because Parsons is an ego douche, plain and simple. Guy is a joke

So freaking comical. We arent going to knock on doors, they have to come see us.
Hysterical.
Its what ****ing agents do. They speak to everybody and the whole "we have to be wanted" line is laughable, but predictable.
One of the reasons I cant stand Parsons.

Better than thou, egotistical, douche.

No...don't go out and try to sign the biggest name in golf and one of the most recognizable names on the planet...that won't do us ANY good!

What a joke!

One of the reasons I cant stand Parsons.

Better than thou, egotistical, douche.

Of course, this way if they do sign him, or anybody else for that matter, he can come and say "They wanted us and came to us"...

Parsons named the company after himself for a reason, the dude is an egomaniac. He does not want to share the stage with a personality bigger then his.

I'm not sure that having Tiger would drive people to his expensive golf clubs...

Bob Parson is just giving a sound bite to keep his name in the news. He set himself up perfectly. He doesn't *need* Tiger. So now, if Tiger is playing PXG, then Tiger wanted PXG and that should mean that if it's good enough for the best of this generation, it best for you.

Black or white. The best or not. Barf or dry heave.

Why would anyone sink millions to put your clubs in tigers hands when no one knows where his game is right now. Would you want him swinging your brand and yipping and playing like crap? It's what have you done lately. Makes more sense to sign some of the younger talent right now I think.

I see it more as a "Hey, remember PXG? We are here! Come look at us!"

Either there is bad blood or TW requires too much attention.

Its because Parsons is an ego douche, plain and simple. Guy is a joke

This. Tiger would have given that company more exposure than it ever had. Laughable.

So did Tiger playing Nike work out for Nike?

Tiger is one of the greatest, for me and in my time he was and still is the greatest i saw play, i am 41.

PXG is taking a novel approach in a time that Golf seems to be struggling with all we are hearing on Nike and Golfsmith along with others.

I have no Clue who or what Parsons does, or the type of person he is.

Im not sure why a company would invest in somebody that isnt playing, and doesnt appear to be ready to play any time soon.

That is a lot of money for a whole pile of uncertainty. I would probably do the same thing as BP. The potential reward is sky high but the risk is massive.

Prudent business decision, IMO.

Back