Limited time, what would you choose?

Maddog701

Reaction score
Handicap
14.2 ghin
You only have 15 minutes to warm up, you can either hit a few balls on the range or hit the practice green to putt. What would you choose? I am interested is seeing the results. I would hit the practice green for my warm up.

I'd have to a few irons and maybe one or two driver swings.

2 8 irons, 2 5 irons, 2 drivers - then putting.

If theres not time for both, Id pick hitting balls. It takes me longer to get the full swing settled in than it does green speed/conditions.

However if I do have time for both, Id hit range for 10 minutes green for 5

Couple of quick shots with an 8 iron, 1 quick driver swing and go putt until go time

2 PW, 2 6 irons, 2 D, 2 SW, then putting.

Short game area. I can practice chipping, use that to get some rhythm in my swing and roll some balls with the flat stick

A few 6 iron shots then to the putting green.

If I have to choose between the two, I'd go with hitting balls to loosen up. I might struggle on the first green, but after that first green I think I'd have a pretty good idea of what the speeds are like.

Putting green, without hesitation...

My course has no range so its a quick stretch and the putting green for me anyways hahaha. If i had my choice id try to smack a few 6i or 7i tho

Couple quick drivers, and 6 iron the more time on putting green. If only time for one, then I'm going to the putting green.

I go get a beer or two

I'd rather hit the range. I find being looser a much bigger advantage than hoping the practice green replicates the greens on the course.

Since there is only time for one. I would choose hitting balls. I can get the green's down quicker than I can a full swing. It usually takes me 2-3 holes to warm up. So, If I can weather the storm for those holes, then my score is usually decent. If I hit balls first then it's maybe just the first hole I have to weather.

If I'm limited to one, I would always putt. If possible I would hit a few 7 irons, a few drivers, and putt.

You only have 15 minutes to warm up, you can either hit a few balls on the range or hit the practice green to putt. What would you choose? I am interested is seeing the results. I would hit the practice green for my warm up.

Neither, I would spend part of the time doing stretches, tee my ball, take one practice swing, and then hit my ball

Have I played the course before? If I am familiar with the greens, then I hit. If not, then I putt.

Straight to the range. I play the same courses so I can be pretty accurate on guessing green speed and I never chip / pitch before a round.

I'd hit a handful of shots each with a wedge and mid iron then head to the practice green.

Five minutes with the wedges. Ten minutes on the practice green.

The green. I'll save more strokes knowing the speed of the greens than hitting a few balls.

I am spending time on full swings. Takes me much longer to get my full swing loose than it does adjusting to the speed of the greens.

Range, 7 iron, couple of drivers, 3wood,

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Back