Miyazaki Kaula Shaft Preview

I love Miyazaki shafts, good to
see these!!!

Hello there, old friend. Love seeing Miyazaki putting something new out there.

So one of the neat things ddec and I learned was the symbols used are called Kanjis. These are Japanese symbols (logographic characters) for words. Pretty darn cool.

The Kanji are the names of the shafts, the names are different "forms" of water:

kiri - mist
mizu - water
Kori - ice
mizore - sleet

Thought that was kind of neat.

Miyzaki Kaula Shaft Preview

Miyzaki Kaula Shaft Preview

The Kanji are the names of the shafts, the names are different "forms" of water:

kiri - mist
mizu - water
Kori - ice
mizore - sleet

Thought that was kind of neat.

Correct. Instead of using color like in the Kusala shaft, they used the Kanjis to make up the kaula line.

In the video they list each one at the top of the cards. At dinner one of the Japanese was working with ddec and I on the Kanjis and how they relate to the English side of things. The truth is, they don't but it's a very cool way of interpretation.

Pretty sure I need some Miyazaki iron shafts in my life.

Pretty sure I need some Miyazaki iron shafts in my life.

I've been thinking of trying to find a set of Srixon 355 in graphite on the cheap just to give them a go. I feel like graphite plus the balance point/head weight adjustments Srixon is doing could be a great combo.

I've been thinking of trying to find a set of Srixon 355 in graphite on the cheap just to give them a go. I feel like graphite plus the balance point/head weight adjustments Srixon is doing could be a great combo.

And this is the standard shaft for the 565 irons.

And this is the standard shaft for the 565 irons.

I love that they're taking advantage of the fact that the two companies are under the same umbrella. I'm sure that's going to be a great pairing.

I love that they're taking advantage of the fact that the two companies are under the same umbrella. I'm sure that's going to be a great pairing.

I literally have lusted over them since seeing them out there. I have never called in a favor, but its getting close. I dont want to wait until release.

Per the PM request, bumping this thread.

Does anybody know the bend profile for the Miyazaki Kaula Mizo 5?

Can anyone provide any insight into the differences between a 5, 6, 7 or 8?

I finally found some info on the differences between the names (Mizo, Kori, etc.) as they point to launch characteristics, but I don't quite get what the numbers mean.

Everything I find on the internet contains charts that can't be translated from Japanese and the english translations that do occur are insane -- here's the description of the Mizu FROM THE WEBSITE: "Hand from the type changes in the stiffness is small to the tip,
the whole there is no great habit for bow obediently, stable Tamasuji of mid-high trajectory is obtained" -- WHAT?!?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The easiest way to view it is the INTL Flex Code. Those are the 4 digits that will translate to the stiffness properties through the shaft.

The easiest way to view it is the INTL Flex Code. Those are the 4 digits that will translate to the stiffness properties through the shaft.

Cool, I just looked that up actually and finally found the deciphering code. Looks like the 5 series is smooth throughout the shaft with a slightly softer tip.

Had a Kusala Black back about 3-4 years ago. It was a great shaft. The amazing thing was it was dead on the Whiteboard profile. When Cleveland was putting these things into their drivers, you could find a couple hundred dollar shaft in a used club bin for $39. Not much of a chance the Srixons end up that way and especially since they are using Torray T1100 in these beauties.

Back