What gets you into trouble?

Den60

Reaction score
Handicap
13.6 USGA
And I'm not talking about too much alcohol. In your swing what would you think is the number one reason things go bad. For me it is taking the club back too quickly. Sometimes I catch myself doing this early and some days I just don't have that awareness. I can do the same on putting as well.

Not shifting weight and hitting flat footed

Taking it too far to the inside

Allowing my left wrist to unhinge a little bit as I start my transition into the downswing, usually caused by leading with the upper body first

Thinking too much instead of just playing the shot in front of me

A quick transition. When my tempo is off its ugly

I still fight some issues maintaining spine angle but I think most of my issues stem from my overly active wrists. It makes me a slave to timing which in turn makes me a hot or cold golfer.

A quick transition. When my tempo is off its ugly

Same here, I can be smooth with the backswing and then blow it on the downswing.

Overswinging. If I have a good tempo, I do fine. If I try to get just a little more, mayhem ensues.

Way to handsy during my backswing. Not enough shoulder turn

Leaving my shoulders open at address. I can almost guarantee a low pull hook when I don't remember to square them up prior to starting the swing.

Way too closed, snap hooks, random skyball driver yips

This one is easy .... Trying to hit the ball to far!!! Tempo, balance.. Everything goes haywire!

Biggest thing for me is standing up during my backswing.

Getting lazy/comfortable late in the round and not swinging into my back leg

Bad alignment, not making a complete shoulder turn.
My main thought is to keep looking at the ball. Even after the ball is gone, look at where it was.
When my shoulder comes thru, then I look up.

Tempo and balance. If I end up with my weight on my front heel, it is a good shot. Front toe, it is trouble.

Take away to fast and not following thru.

Over swinging by far.

Not maintaining my spine agle, AKA, being a head-lifting moron. My friends and I call it "HLM" for short. Also, I've discovered you can sing "Moron! Head lifting mor-on!" to the main theme of Star Wars. Try it.

Early extension is my sworn enemy.

Taking it too far inside of decelerating prior to hitting it. I know it as soon as I make the mistake.

I think balance is the biggest culprit to my bad swings. That and swaying due to bad lower body mechanics.

For me is loss of spine angle and getting out in front prior to impact.

Driver- spinning out too early, not sliding the hips first, which gets me stuck and pushes/slices, just bad tempo.

Irons- setting up too far from the ball, causing a flat swing and straight hooks.

Grabbing it with my right hand at the top, getting too quick and the sway

Back