What gets you into trouble?

Honestly, what gets me in trouble is when I am hitting my driver really well. I tend to want to swing a little harder and make the ball go even further!

Also, when my buddy drives first and hits a monster, I tend to "Hulk up" a bit and try to hit mine 20 yards past his. Ah, golf is such a mental game.

Trying to swing too hard is the culprit of probably 80% of my misses. And whatever move is causing my draw iron shot to turn into a towering hook. Still trying to figure that out.

Swing path for me. It's not nearly as bad as it was at the beginning of last year but I have a tendency to want to start my downswing with my arms and that leads to bad things.

over-thinking it is my kryptonite.

after shooting my personal best earlier this year i reflected on the round and distinctly remembered two things:

- i never second-guessed my first decision (club selection, target, read on the green etc.)
- i never thought about mechanics or anything, i just let things happen

Trying too hard. If I just relax, swing and let the club do the work I'm fine. However, that is much easier said than done. :banghead:

I've found trouble in every aspect of the game at some point, but lately if I try to swing like a hero the end results are rarely good.

Fast takeaway, all downhill from there.

Left elbow. And lifting my head while putting.

Getting to long. If I keep it compact I tend to hit it ok

Taking it too far to the inside

Allowing my left wrist to unhinge a little bit as I start my transition into the downswing, usually caused by leading with the upper body first

Thinking too much instead of just playing the shot in front of me

this is my number 1 issue and leads me to a bunch of other problems.

Taking the driver way past parallel in the backswing, which usually happens when I take it back too quick. I have tons of issues with my swing with the driver that don't show up with any other club. I think it all goes back to trying to hit the ball too far because I know that's my only weapon vs the guys I usually play with.

So many different things!
Swinging too hard and a terrible takeaway are the two big ones. Not shifting my weight leads to hitting it fat, but at least that keeps the ball in front of me.

The one thing that gets me into trouble is that every round I play I always manage to screw up at least two holes by hitting a couple of fat pitch shots or the occasional thin shot

For me it has to be over swinging. My weight transfer gets all out of whack. Then again who knows.

Lazy follow through, I get aggressive to the ball and lazy through it. Leaves me weak and to the right.

Not starting the swing with my left shoulder. Letting my hands get in front of the club on the way back. Breaking down my left arm in the backswing. Transitioning too quickly. Trying to use my hands to save an off-tempo transition. Rotating my hips too fast and getting way ahead of my upper body. Pulling my left shoulder back on the downswing causing an over the top move. Not releasing the club and blocking a shot. Swinging lazy and not accelerating through the ball. Releasing the club too early and pull hooking a shot. Lifting up and falling back out of a shot. Not being able to back off the ball when grip and address are off.

Thinking too dang much and trying to play golf swing instead of golf.

Tempo from the top.

Get quick = lift = death.

tempo... Tempo... and lastly TEMPO!

Rushing things.

Back