Cwmonroe's road to the #Grandaddy

cwmonroe87

Cherub Face Assassin
Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread where I could update on my progress and what I'm looking to do to improve my game and get it as solid as I can before the #Grandaddy. A little about me, I've been playing golf since I was about 8 and played all through school and gave up the game after high school. I started playing again a few years ago and haven't looked back, the game has really sucked me in. A couple of the things I have been struggling with lately is hitting off the toe with my irons and struggling to find my putting stroke. I think I really turned a corner this last Sunday with my iron striking and look forward to putting up a good number this weekend.

Looking forward to following along.

Looking forward to following along.
Thank you! I look forward to sharing everything I'm doing with everyone. Also if anyone has some simple putting drill they would like to share I would be all for that.

I'll be following along teammate !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I look forward to reading this teammate!

love these threads. looking forward to following along!

Following your progress will be fun. I will say this, dial in your swing, but don't let it consume you. Short game and putting will be way more important than you realize. Make sure you are deadly from 8-12 feet & have a sharp wedge game.

And smile!!! you are about to be thrown into the best amatuer golf experience on the planet. Soak it all in & have fun.

Look forward to following!

Looking forward to following along

Let me take this time to write the Foreword to this story before it gets going................

I remember playing with Chris for the 1st time many years ago and think he was like -1 after 5 holes. He was joking (or maybe not) about how I was in trouble now and that today was going to be his day. He ended up shooting a 89 that day but the important thing to remember was that.............actually, nothing was important there, he lost all control and shot an 89. A day to forget no doubt. :D

Seriously, Chris has got game. It comes and goes but when he flashes that greatness it is fun to watch and stay out of the way of. Chris doesn't waste any time on the course. He picks a club and hits the shot. No slow play to be seen here. Consistency is the main thing Chris needs to focus on. If he can eliminate the doubles and triples and turn them into bogey's then his score will drop quickly.

He shot his PB a few months ago being at even or -1 for his round. He's got those scores in him.

His favorite line on the putting greens as he races his putts by the hole and eyes his 10 footer back is "You make zero percent of your putts that don't make it to the hole" or some crap like that. It's rare that Chris has a 2 putt tap in.

Attitude is A+. Happy go lucky even when he's down on his game for a few holes. Pleasure to be around.

Good luck to you Chris on your journey. I'm sure we'll be playing again soon leading up to our Horseshoe Bay tournament in November (you still playing it right?). A tweak here and a tune there and you will be one sure fire weapon for your team come December.

Keep up the good work CWM! AND you're fellow teammates! Keeping yourself accountable with a strong practice schedule is a good way to keep on point and improve more and more as December gets closer.

Look forward to watching your progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just remember to enjoy the anticipation almost as much as the event itself. Looking forward to reading your input!!

Will be following along. Love these.

Let me take this time to write the Foreword to this story before it gets going................

I remember playing with Chris for the 1st time many years ago and think he was like -1 after 5 holes. He was joking (or maybe not) about how I was in trouble now and that today was going to be his day. He ended up shooting a 89 that day but the important thing to remember was that.............actually, nothing was important there, he lost all control and shot an 89. A day to forget no doubt. :D

Seriously, Chris has got game. It comes and goes but when he flashes that greatness it is fun to watch and stay out of the way of. Chris doesn't waste any time on the course. He picks a club and hits the shot. No slow play to be seen here. Consistency is the main thing Chris needs to focus on. If he can eliminate the doubles and triples and turn them into bogey's then his score will drop quickly.

He shot his PB a few months ago being at even or -1 for his round. He's got those scores in him.

His favorite line on the putting greens as he races his putts by the hole and eyes his 10 footer back is "You make zero percent of your putts that don't make it to the hole" or some crap like that. It's rare that Chris has a 2 putt tap in.

Attitude is A+. Happy go lucky even when he's down on his game for a few holes. Pleasure to be around.

Good luck to you Chris on your journey. I'm sure we'll be playing again soon leading up to our Horseshoe Bay tournament in November (you still playing it right?). A tweak here and a tune there and you will be one sure fire weapon for your team come December.
My saying is " You miss 100% of the putts you leave short" lol. You absolutely nailed the biggest problem I have and that's consistency, this is where I think a few lessons would help me out. Outside of my Golf coach in high school I've never had a true lesson so I'm thinking that will help settle me down. We are still in for Horeshoe Bay this year, my brother actually paid last week and I'm looking to pay this week or next. Hands down our team will win our flight this year.

Looking forward to the progress, good luck and have fun!

Looking forward to following along Chris.

Back