GPS Golf Glove - Zero Friction Distance Pro GPS Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Zero Friction™ has always been on the cutting edge, with products such as the three-pronged performance golf tee and the Johnny Miller Motion-Fit Glove™. Its' newest product, however, will be the most groundbreaking of them all.

Zero Friction's DistancePro GPS Glove™ will be introduced at the PGA Fashion & Demo Experience Aug. 15-17 at the Venetian Resort in Las Vegas, NV. This is the first wearable GPS technology on a golf glove.

The Zero Friction DistancePro GPS Glove is the ultimate in accuracy and convenience. Powered by Bluetooth, the device sits conveniently on the glove flap and weighs less than half an ounce. The readout gives distances to the front, center and back of the green on over 35,000 golf courses programmed worldwide.

The DistancePro GPS battery provides over 400 hours of golf, and the GPS device is transferrable to replacement Zero Friction gloves.

"We are proud to introduce this truly groundbreaking product to the golf industry," said Zero Friction President John Iacono. "It combines two essentials for golfers - the glove and GPS - and does so in a convenient, affordable and non-intrusive way."

The Zero Friction DistancePro GPS glove is available in three packages, all of which include one GPS device two universal-fit, one-size gloves that mold to your hand.

The three package choices, which range in price from $124.99 to $149.99, are: The Johnny Miller Motion-Fit Glove featuring tour quality Cabretta Leather gloves, the Men's Synthetic Glove and the Ladies Synthetic Glove.

i-Qbt7ScR-L.jpg

Certainly sounds interesting. Will be interested to read the reviews on this glove and device.

can the device be purchased separately and used on any glove, or are we forced to shell out $125+ each time?

I'd be hesitant to buy a GPS device like this, because if Zero Friction stops making the gloves because sales are poor I'm assuming the glove can be replaced), I'm stuck without a way to attach the device.

• Admin
can the device be purchased separately and used on any glove, or are we forced to shell out $125+ each time?

Per the release, the device is transferable to new gloves, but they are designed to fit solely in the Zero Friction gloves. The gloves themselves do not cost $125.

looks like it attaches through the tee loop, certainly would be interested if it were be able to be hacked onto another glove (I don't really like the ZeroFriction glove line)

Another interesting thing - there's two things in this release that makes me think the device uses your phone's GPS. "Powered by Bluetooth" and "Up to 400 hours of golf". That number would be WAY higher than any other GPS device out there.

I'd be hesitant to buy a GPS device like this, because if Zero Friction stops making the gloves because sales are poor I'm assuming the glove can be replaced), I'm stuck without a way to attach the device.

That was one of my first thoughts, along with the fact that if the glove was uncomfortable or ill fitting, that would be a lot of money out the door.

Very interesting and the one ounce isn't too bad pricepoint is good makes sense very curious about this

Another interesting thing - there's two things in this release that makes me think the device uses your phone's GPS. "Powered by Bluetooth" and "Up to 400 hours of golf". That number would be WAY higher than any other GPS device out there.
Powered by Bluetooth reads to me as if you need to have your phone on you for it to work. Hard pass, if that's the case.

I would be worried about forgetting I have it on and put my glove in my back pocket and sit on it

Really cool idea and is something to think about. I own a watch style GPS device and can't stand it on my wrist.

Powered by Bluetooth reads to me as if you need to have your phone on you for it to work. Hard pass, if that's the case.
Kinda what I was thinking, usually don't keep my phone in my pocket while playing and yardages from the cart are not always helpful on CPO days.

I used to think that, now with my apple watch, I have my phone in my back pocket or in the cart and it has worked great so far.

As far as this, interesting to see it integrated like that. I'm kind of middle of the road on this one.

The GPS device is transferrable to specific Zero Friction replacement gloves, which are available for $14.95 per glove in synthetic or $22.95 for Motion Fit Cabretta.

Per the release, the device is transferable to new gloves, but they are designed to fit solely in the Zero Friction gloves. The gloves themselves do not cost $125.

Correct!
The DistancePro™ is only sold in a package with one GPS and two Zero Friction gloves.
The three package choices are: The Johnny Miller Motion-Fit Glove featuring tour quality Cabretta Leather gloves, the Men's Synthetic Glove and the Ladies Synthetic Glove. The packages range in price from $124.99 to $149.99.
The GPS device is transferrable to specific Zero Friction replacement gloves, which are available for $14.95 per glove in synthetic or $22.95 for Motion Fit Cabretta.

Great comment. But rest assured, Zero Friction IS an established company.
Zero Friction was founded in 2001, originally under the name of Excel Golf Products, Inc. with the primary goal of offering high quality, performance products with innovative technological advancements. Recently, Zero Friction was awarded the US Utility Patent for single-size gloves and has expanded into fitness, cycling, baseball, and shooting gloves insuring long term glove production.

I am glad to read so many replies about the new Zero Friction DistancePro™ Golf Glove .
Here are a few FAQs that may help you...

Can the GPS device be sold separately from the Zero Friction glove?
No, The DistancePro™ is only sold in a package with one GPS and two Zero Friction gloves.
The three package choices are: The Johnny Miller Motion-Fit Glove featuring tour quality Cabretta Leather gloves, the Men's Synthetic Glove and the Ladies Synthetic Glove. The packages range in price from $124.99 to $149.99.

Can I attach DistancePro™ to any glove?
No. The DistancePro™ was designed specifically to attach to any standard Zero Friction magnetic ball marker glove. The GPS devise IS transferrable to the Zero Friction gloves mentioned above.

How can I be sure I can purchase replacement gloves in the future?
Zero Friction was founded in 2001, originally under the name of Excel Golf Products, Inc. with the primary goal of offering high quality, performance products with innovative technological advancements. Recently, Zero Friction was awarded the US Utility Patent for single-size gloves and has expanded into fitness, cycling, baseball, and shooting gloves insuring long term glove production.

Do I need to use my smart phone in conjunction with the GPS glove?
A user must initially download the Zero Friction app to his iOS or Android (Samsung Galaxy) system smart phone.
Upon arrival at the golf course, the player will open the ZF app and select the appropriate course. The phone will need to be powered on and within a 110-ft range of your glove for DistancePro™ to work. (In a nutshell, the golfer’s smart phone can be left in the golf cart, the golf bag, or in the golfer’s pocket.)
Over 35,000 courses worldwide have been preloaded into the Zero Friction app.

Last edited:
I dont see the point of this if I need to have my phone near me for it to connect. On top of that my phone is usually being used for music on my soundchuck.

I'll just stick with my phone. Don't need a computer attached to my glove/hand.

magnetic attachment... my current glove has a magnetic ball marker

hopefully i can get my hands on one of these, i hate watches and pulling my phone out all the time is annoying

I'm glad most courses I play have GPS on the cart and I have a phone app that does GPS when needed. Nice concept of the glove, but I'm not a fan of the Zero Friction gloves.

I dont see the point of this if I need to have my phone near me for it to connect. On top of that my phone is usually being used for music on my soundchuck.

Greg, The glove works 110 feet from your phone. Basically, your smart phone can be left in the golf cart, in your golf bag, or in your pocket.

Greg, The glove works 110 feet from your phone. Basically, your smart phone can be left in the golf cart, in your golf bag, or in your pocket.
Which unit takes the GPS reading? The phone or the glove?

Back