How often are you practicing?

Went to the range today, and was very dissapointed in myself. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't make a full swing. I had alot of trouble when I wasn't thinking to get the club paralell to the ground, and when I really did, It was a terrible swing.

I really don't like to have a swing that only reaches 1 o' clock. I just wasn't hitting the ball well.

I try to get to the driving range at least twice a week and play 18 at least once.

after yesterdays round, not nearly as often as i should be

I went to the range today... we had a heat wave here, 38 degrees!

the range was packed, I actually had to wait 10 minutes for a bay.

I went to the range today... we had a heat wave here, 38 degrees!

the range was packed, I actually had to wait 10 minutes for a bay.

WOW!!!! if it was 38º here our range prolly would've been closed! LOL

Aside from chipping/putting around the LR?
Not nearly enough.:bad:

Every sunday. Sometimes on saturday if I don't get to go to the course.

i roll the putter in my living room every night, heh. other than that, i RARELY practice. just to lazy :-(

i roll the putter in my living room every night, heh. other than that, i RARELY practice. just to lazy :-(

gasp. I expected more from you Rocketsauce.

so how do you like yer new irons?

Ah I really wanted to hit the course yesterday but I ended up hanging out with my friend instead. Its pretty hard to balance out friends and golf, especially when they don't share the same enthusiasm in it as you do. But I hit the range on friday and I thought they were pretty solid, other than that I really haven't gotten the chance to get better acquainted with them yet. Maybe not as soft as I would have like them, but the cool thing is that I can't even tell where and when I hit the sweet spot because every shot I hit is almost the same ballflight and feel lol

I try to make it to the range once a week. When it comes down to it, I would much rather play a round than practice, although I need the practice more. The rain we are getting is helping me pick the range, though.

I practice putting just about everyday, that's all I am allowed to work on for at least another 3 weeks. Then I can start with the short chipping practice.

LW shots in my back yard just about every day. Driving range, chipping greens, and putting greens a couple of times a week. I think I am hitting/putting about 350 practice balls a week. I practiced today only because the wind was blowing. (knock down shots) I probably put in 5 or 6 hours a week, not including atleast 18 holes every 4 or 5 days. Right now I am trying to work through a couple of glitches in my game. :comp:

Breakthrough today- I have fought a slice for the last year and a half, and had really cut (no pun intended) down on it- but I have still been inconsistent. A good drive is crucial- when I am in the fairway, I play pretty close to par- when I am not, nowhere close. My score and fairways hit are inversely proportional, essentially.

I went to the range today, and was messing with my swing. I tried moving the ball back in my stance, and getting a little more wrist cock- and voila. I was so pumped, I hit two buckets- almost all dead straight other when I did something else wrong- turned the hands too much or let my back elbow get loose. I am pretty sure that my drive has three main parts- line the ball up with front nipple- cock wrists, tuck elbow- thats it. Range helps, and a lot.

Not enough. I work mostly with my wife, since she practices 5-6 days per week.

i practice 5-6 days a week whether thats driving range, short game and putting, or playing a 9 or 18. that is rain or shine also, if it rains i practice short game and putting because the range is usually closed. if its sunny though then everything is a possibility

She is writing self assessments for her employees. I told her to get online. She says hello to everyone!

This is seriously the most woman-friendly golf forum going.

This is seriously the most woman-friendly golf forum going.

She raves about it all of the time. She loves this place and I can see why. Great people and topics.

She raves about it all of the time. She loves this place and I can see why. Great people and topics.

Wait a minute--who's a female from Alabama? What dots am I failing to connect here?

edit: Never mind the inherent irony in your description of her current task.

Back