JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This question came via email

The hybrids came out and everybody is raving about them. Are there plans to release a 5DX Driver this year?

i was wondering the same thing

If the 5DX hybrid continues to be a success I'm sure that the next step would be to convert that into a driver and FW.

However, nothing has been set in motion as of yet.

www.nickentgolf.com

im looking for a replacement for my Sonartec 3 wood and have been looking at the Nickent 4DX Fairway Woods. Im just confused about one thing. what is the difference between the 4DX UT model and the 4DX ironwood model? are they both hybrids?

im looking for a replacement for my Sonartec 3 wood and have been looking at the Nickent 4DX Fairway Woods. Im just confused about one thing. what is the difference between the 4DX UT model and the 4DX ironwood model? are they both hybrids?

I can answer this one :D

The 4DX IW is a traditional hybrid, with iron lofts and shaft length.

The 4DX UT (discontinued) has a head size between the fairway wood and ironwood. Lofting is the same as a fairway wood, as is shaft length. They will play about a club shorter than the equivalent fairway wood, but produce more spin so are easier to stop on approach shots. That's why I have a 4DX UT #4, it takes the place of a #5 fairway for me.

thanks oshar!

• Admin
That is huge NEWS....Thanks NTV.

WE are currently working on a new driver and fairway wood with 5DX brand and characteristics. Will fall somewhere btwn 4DX and SUperMag....I think it is going to be very well received, coming soon!!!

www.nickentgolf.com

AWESOME! oh man, i cant wait to hear more

Big news! Can't wait to see the new 5DX woods!

I may very well pick up the new fairway wood.

On a side note, every time I see this thread title I think "6DX".

WE are currently working on a new driver and fairway wood with 5DX brand and characteristics. Will fall somewhere btwn 4DX and SUperMag....I think it is going to be very well received, coming soon!!!

www.nickentgolf.com

Don't want to spread rumors, but I got a whiff of "Nickent's going out of business" any comments?

It is completely not true. I spoke with the VP and the Owner last week about these rumors. Raising capital is not the same as Going out of business.

Last edited:
LB,
That is old news from months ago. That is nothing more than a company writing down the debt. We spoke to the VP about this very thing and with the investment company Equus. Nothing major is happening to Nickent at all.

Last edited:
Guess I'm behind the times.

I am new here, cheating on my only other forum in which I post, and I am glad to see people on here shoot down the rumor spreading. It has bothered me to hear negatives about Nickent becuase of the write down when it was nothing but speculation and rumors. Thanks for keeping the rumors at bay!

I am new here, cheating on my only other forum in which I post, and I am glad to see people on here shoot down the rumor spreading. It has bothered me to hear negatives about Nickent becuase of the write down when it was nothing but speculation and rumors. Thanks for keeping the rumors at bay!

There are a lot of Nickent converts on this site, we are all hoping they can make it through the current economy and keep producing outstanding clubs.

Welcome to THP WWPSD! Hope you enjoy yourself here!

which Nickent clubs are you playing WWPSD? and Welcome to THP!

which Nickent clubs are you playing WWPSD? and Welcome to THP!

Currently with:

4dx Evolver CYG 10.5* with V2
21.5* 5dx hybrid
23* 3dx RC
26* 3dx RC
4dx CB irons in 6-GW
56* ARC wedge
Tour Prototype putter #04

Also currently have in stock:

17* 3dx DC Utility
29* 4dx hybrid
29* Genex original hybrid
3dx RC irons in 5-GW
Pipe Putter

Used to have:

26* 3dx DC (traded in for the 5dx deal they ran)
3dx irons (red cavity)
Arc Titanium irons
52* and 62* Arc wedge (old arc)

Does that qualify me to be a ho.....if not....

I also have 2 shirts from their website....the green stand bag....orange visor.

My only non-Nickent in the bag is a 61* solus 7.1, and once in a while the Cleveland Monster slips in there along with one of a couple of Bobby Grace putters. But usually have at least 12 Nickents in the bag.

Last edited:
Dang...big Nickent fan! lol

I'm still determined to end up with the 3DX or 4DX Pro irons...although I just blew my money. I'm determined.

wow! you ARE a Nickent fan!

wow! you ARE a Nickent fan!
AH.....I totally forgot my drivers that have treated my well.

Nickent Tour Square 10.5*

Nickent Square 12*

Nickent Supermag 10.5*

So the tour square cracked along the crown brazing area and Nickent replaced it for me at no cost. I sent it to them back in December and was planning on waiting for the RC driver head. Those driver heads have been really late coming out and I fell in love with the Evolver CYG a couple of weekends ago, so I called and asked for maybe $100 off the Evolver with CYG becuase of the cracked tour square...and the response was...."thanks for being so patient and loyal, I'll send you the Evolver CYG at no cost". It was send UPS second day air.

The Supermag had a 1.5" crack below the hosel and I asked them to replace it with a Tour Proto putter, and they did it at no cost.

The 12* Square is in the bottom of a pond....long story. I could hurt myself for doing that because that driver was $ for me. 255-265 easily and a laser down the middle. I had to try to miss the fairway, literally at 74% for the year on fairways with this beast. I had a weak moment of character that caused me to lose my baby.

whats the difference between the Tour Square and the regular Square driver? Neutral/Open face on the Tour version?

Back