Opinions wanted, considering a move to NC

Johnston County. Just south(ish) of Raleigh. Cheaper by 100K for houses. Still close enough that I can be in downtown Raleigh in 20-30 minutes, Cary in about the same, I'm a 30 minute drive from at least 4 breweries, and probably more. (Yup, at least 5; I just remembered another one) Nice communities with a good mix of lifetime residents and transplants. Cities or towns to reference are Clayton/Garner. Smithfield is about another 15-20 minutes farth from the city. Garner is an odd city with the city proper being in Wake county, but a lot of Garner addresses are in Johnston County. Won't matter too much to you, but we stayed in Johnston County for the school system. It's an up and coming area as well with lots of new construction and new stuff being built all the time.

just pulled up homes from that area. Wow, really nice pricing! You all are getting me exited!

just pulled up homes from that area. Wow, really nice pricing! You all are getting me exited!
If you look into the Clayton area, check out the Flowers Plantation and Portofino communities. Taft Woods has beautiful homes too just doesn't enjoy the amenities of the others.

We're in Flowers Plantation, love it.

Opinions wanted, considering a move to NC

If you look into the Clayton area, check out the Flowers Plantation and Portofino communities. Taft Woods has beautiful homes too just doesn't enjoy the amenities of the others.

We're in Flowers Plantation, love it.

You are pretty darn close to me didn't even realize how close. We are technically Knightdale but are a good bit outside of Knightdale and close to clayton.
I love the area so far and the market for homes right now is outstanding although it was better a couple years ago when we built you can still get a really good deal.

On that note flowers plantation is very nice solid recommendation there we looked at a few homes there before settling on where we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were two posts removed at the request of OP.

There were two posts removed at the request of OP.

Thanks, I'm trying to get good info without offending!

The Raleigh area or Charlotte areas are just wonderful, plenty of small towns with that small town charm, safe neighborhoods, tons of outdoor activities and some of the finest people I've ever met.

The heat and humidity is rough on occasion but not all the time, I 've lived outside of Charlotte for a couple years now and I don't think I'll ever leave

You are pretty darn close to me didn't even realize how close. We are technically Knightdale but are a good bit outside of Knightdale and close to clayton.
I love the area so far and the market for homes right now is outstanding although it was better a couple years ago when we built you can still get a really good deal.

On that note flowers plantation is very nice solid recommendation there we looked at a few homes there before settling on where we are.

This view and course (Lonnie Poole NC State) also never gets old to me

b6319c3ce4e7be25d14e9e89733d367e.jpg

This view and course (Lonnie Poole NC State) also never gets old to me

b6319c3ce4e7be25d14e9e89733d367e.jpg

Beautiful. Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina...

I live in Concord,NC a suburb just north of Charlotte ,and love the area.As far as weather,it can get pretty humid and hot in the summer and it may snow 3-5 inches a couple times in the winter but it is gone in a day or so.As has been pointed out there is Lake Norman to the north,Lake Tillery , Badin lake,and High Rock lake to the east and Lake Wiley to the south that offer great fishing,boating and swimming.There are an abundance of golf courses,private,semiprivate and public in the area with challenging layouts but resonable rates.The best part is,you can golf pretty much year round.Two years ago ,my playing partners and I missed about three weeks of playing from September to April due to the weather.The real estate market should defintely fit your budget .As also pointed out earlier,the mountains are 2 hours away one way and the resorts of the Myrtle Beach area is 3 hours the other way.

Back