Golf & Gambling - What $ Games Do You Play?

ClayP

Reaction score
Handicap
12.9 GHIN
I was just wondering what games do you folks normally play.

I play daily in a "quota" game. I think some refer to it as a "dog fight". The game is based on the average "points" a player has made in their last 5 rounds. 4 points for a birdie, 2 points for a par and 1 for a bogie (no negative points in our game). It is the total team points for the days round. There are 3 bets on each game, front points, back points and total points. The winning team is the one with most points on the front, back and overall. Our normal bet is a dollar on each bet.

I also play in a "double low ball" game on weekends. The computer divides the participants into teams and the overall low score wins the pot. The low score is the total score for the two best balls on a each hole. Each player puts $10 in the pot and the pot is divided among the players on the winning team. Less than 20 players and there is no "pot split". 20 to 25 players and the pot is split 60/40, 26 and over and the pot is split 50/30/20.

It's also normal to have side bets, usually one or two players, with $2 bets on each side and total score.

There are also folks who play "dollar a hole" on the 18 holes, some have "carry overs" and some do not.

What do you play?

Thanks

ClayP

Only skins. And we won two skins in 12 weeks, one was ours alone for $105.

Love playing wolf. Makes for some big $ holes if people get risky

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'll play with ups drivers sometimes. They bet on everything. You need a major in calculus to figure out who owes who what. Examples. Flub a tee shot and not make it past ladies box $1 to each. 4 putt $1 to each. Putt off the green $1 are some of the examples. We play skins $1 per hole except par 3 and there $2

Back