Golf Ball Experiment

jmcharries

Albatross 2023 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am new to golf and so I thought I would try an experiment. I wrote to several golf ball companies (and a couple tee companies) first by email and if no response tried an old fashioned letter. I Basically wrote that I am new to golf and would they be willing to send a sample. This started about 6 weeks ago: here is what I have gotten so far:

TaylorMade sent me a dozen project (a) balls
Golfball Nut sent me a pack of 6 balls (2 Callaway, 2 Bridgestone, 2 Titleist)
PrideSports send me about 135 tees
Pinnacle sent me 3 Rush and 3 Soft balls
Zero Friction sent me 2 balls and a package of tees
Rife sent me 3 eMotion balls
Maxfli sent me 3 SoftFli & 3 Revolution
Flex Head sent me a package of their Flex Tees
Martini sent me a small pack of tees

I will update if I get any more but overall I have found this experiment a success. Anybody else ever try something like this? Just asking?

Considering my level of play this should last me a solid 2 rounds, haha!

nope, but cool u got some stuff to try

Thats awesome that the companies sent you some gear to try out. I would make sure to contact them to thank them and give them your feedback on the stuff you tried out.

Post here with reviews on the items you got too.

That's cool, I hope you find something that works for you!!

That really speaks well of those companies.

Nope, never tried it. Neat that you received so many responses.

Is the experiment aimed at getting free gear or is the experiment aimed at comparing the balls and tees and providing feedback to others ?

Is the experiment aimed at getting free gear or is the experiment aimed at comparing the balls and tees and providing feedback to others ?

It is aimed at trying to find which gear actually works better for me. All companies make claims but I want to see if one kind benefits me better than another. I can provide some feedback once I try out some. I haven't been out much lately but should be getting more time on the course as it gets cooler

hmmmmmm, that gets me thinking. Maybe I can do the same thing kinda but instead ask for gear.......clubs and such. LOL

Cool test and good luck. I will be looking for your results

It is amazing what personal outreach and interest will do - that is great that so many companies responded so positively.

That's cool they have you done balls and such and think it's a great idea for someone getting into the game. I just hope others don't see it as a way to get free sh!t and try the same thing.

Back