Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Driver Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Stunning. And most forgiving ever!?!?!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callaway taking aim squarely at Cobra and Ping?

Like everything I saw and heard besides "draw bias". Most forgiving sounds awesome, all the crown weight savings to re-position weight low and around the perimeter sounds incredible and I bet it hits bombs.

Also interested in the Recoil driver shaft

Love hearing the tech that goes behind these clubs. It's fascinating to see how different materials and shapes are used to distribute weight throughout clubs to offer a whole spectrum of game improvement options.

Love hearing the tech that goes behind these clubs. It's fascinating to see how different materials and shapes are used to distribute weight throughout clubs to offer a whole spectrum of game improvement options.

Seriously. The tech is just ridiculous

Really interesting tech right there! I'm interested to see how the forgiveness claims play out in the real world but it certainly has the tech to succeed.

I really want to spend time with this one, really really.

The shape is no doubt different from what we are used to out of Callaway, but, it's still got a really unique overall look imo.

Big claims that I would love to see if they come to reality or not.

I think this is going to be a launcher, maxing out people ball height.

Hard to believe there may be something more forgiving than xr16...Definitely wanna try it

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Driver Preview

Wow. These look awesome. Their is a lot of tech in this one and I really want to try this. Forgiveness is good.

Interesting with the two stock lengths (44.5 and 45.5). Will be nice for stores to "fit" people off the rack.

Loved the V series line, and this seems to be a step up from there.

All they did was shorten the shaft ... hence making it easier to control. 44.5" & 45.5" standard

The rear of the club looks a lot like the old 909 driver that Titleist came out with years ago (2009) but it never took off. (the "tear drop" look at the rear)

callaway_zpsdvppvn9a.jpg

All they did was shorten the shaft ... hence making it easier to control. 44.5" & 45.5" standard

I think 45.5 has been the standard for most Callaway drivers for a while, but nice to have the option to buy something a bit shorter off the rack based on what I've seen a lot of people fit into.

I'm guessing they did more than "just shorten the shaft" in terms of technology.

The rear of the club looks a lot like the old 909 driver that Titleist came out with years ago (2009) but it never took off. (the "tear drop" look at the rear)

callaway_zpsdvppvn9a.jpg

Well, not exactly. I honestly recommend watching the video we shot. Some pretty big changes.

Loved all the tech talk in that video. Cool to see all the different components laid out individually. The soul of the club actually looks pretty darn cool. That view from address though..Not sure about that one either.

Didn't expect to see recoil shaft in there. So the partnership with Boeing is no longer being mentioned and it's just industry experts. Wonder why the change there.

Didn't expect to see recoil shaft in there. So the partnership with Boeing is no longer being mentioned and it's just industry experts. Wonder why the change there.

Potentially could just be that they can't mention the company by name until official release info comes out from both companies, but found that interesting as well.

Most forgiving ever.... Yes please! Love where Callaway is heading and now this is a hard ponder.

Potentially could just be that they can't mention the company by name until official release info comes out from both companies, but found that interesting as well.

They are still using some of of the aerodynamic properties they learned from Boeing, however since Boeing didn't actually work on this driver(like they did XR), their name won't be used. I believe that was a decision on Boeings part. Thats why they get referred to that in the videos.

Interesting look, but it's definitely packed with a lot of tech. If it truly is more forgiving than say the XR16... then it'll be an amazing club.

Interesting tech in this one. So much weight saved to move to the outside.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

They are still using some of of the aerodynamic properties they learned from Boeing, however since Boeing didn't actually work on this driver(like they did XR), their name won't be used. I believe that was a decision on Boeings part. Thats why they get referred to that in the videos.

That makes sense - and it's cool that the tech transfer came out of that relationship. No "if you want to use this tech again, you need to pay a licensing fee for the name" or something.

Thanks for the clarification.

I love the looks and technology but it won't be for me. The last 2 things I need is draw bias and weight at the heel.

Back