Callaway X Hot Pro Irons

Lefty2215

Reaction score
Handicap
I recently found a great deal on a 5-PW set of the Callaway X Hot Pro irons for $230. Amazon of all places which I was a little skeptical at first but decided to pull the trigger anyway. I'm so glad I did. These irons are money. They came with the Project X Flighted 95 6.0 shafts which are great but still kind of wish I could've gotten the KBSs in them. But for that price I can't really complain. I'm trying desperately to hunt down a 4 iron which would be easy if I was right handed, but being a lefty makes it a nightmare.

Anyone still ill playing these irons? And if so, you still loving them and hitting them great? I plan on keeping these in the bag for a long time!

I demo'd X Hot Pro a while back and REALLY pondered hard finding a set before getting fit for the CF 16s that I have now. Really liked the look, feel and performance I was getting on a monitor.

Sounds like you got a great deal!

Not plying them anymore, but did for a time and they were pretty solid.

Moved to Apex and then the Apex CF16 just due to them being better for me all around, but I enjoyed my time with them

I just traded for a set of them here on THP a while ago. I've only had them out twice (plus range time), and they've been outstanding!

I had been saving for a full fitting, with an eye towards the CF-16s, but I think I'll be waiting a while longer now. (Until I change my mind after hanging out with the Cobra folks next week at the THP Ambition event :D)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put them in my bag a couple of years ago. Really like the clubs and have no plans to take them out of my bag anytime soon.

I would say the Apex is the goal but by the time I can justify spending $1000 on irons there will be something else out lol. But ya it was a great deal!

I have been playing them for a few years. Shot a 72 last weekend. It's the indian, not the arrow. Find the right shaft for you and these are just as good as anything else.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I have been playing them for a few years. Shot a 72 last weekend. It's the indian, not the arrow. Find the right shaft for you and these are just as good as anything else.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Exactly. I just couldn't click with my old irons. Maybe more confidence with these but whatever it is I love them. I don't really need anything more. I can work them if I need to but can still knock them dead straight.

Last edited:
Bought them the first year they came out. I have a set of Mizunos now as well but alternate between the two. They are rock solid irons and have held up extremely well. 1/2 to a full club longer than the Mizzy's so I use them when it's windy.

I've been playing them for 2 seasons now and have no complaints. They are plenty long, forgiving enough to not be punishing, but provide good feedback on misses. I don't think I'll be switching any time soon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I've been playing them for 2 seasons now and have no complaints. They are plenty long, forgiving enough to not be punishing, but provide good feedback on misses. I don't think I'll be switching any time soon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
My iron game has definitely improved so I'm getting a lot more consistent with my contact so flushing them feels great. But I still tie one every now and then and there is still enough forgiveness there to not completely kill me. And they look amazing which helps lol

Back