Cleveland Classic Putters in Bronze

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These just arrived at the offices for review and I have to say that I cannot believe just how good they look.

770118654_PtBQp-L-1.jpg

770118611_TQ3EE-L-1.jpg

770118593_mRGrn-L-1.jpg

770118555_ydd7Z-L-1.jpg

770118837_LMEg8-L-1.jpg

770118686_YVMz3-L-1.jpg

770118662_99KrT-L-1.jpg

770118805_HfyM7-L-1.jpg

I like that finish, just when I thought there wasn't a reason to add another blade to the arsenal they come out with this.

Those do look great. Two of my favorite styles, too.

great finish!

I like that finish, just when I thought there wasn't a reason to add another blade to the arsenal they come out with this.
There's always a lure to hook another fish.....
Those are some nice nice putters and that Cleveland line is priced so you can hardly resist..I feel your pain MO

Wow.
Those look sweeeet. First thing I'd do though is get rid of the paintfill.

is that a bronze insert in a steel head that's been given a treatment to change the color of the steel?

I really like the way this putter feels and performs(thanks again THP) and I love the bronze finish!!!

is that a bronze insert in a steel head that's been given a treatment to change the color of the steel?

The insert is actually aluminum based with a thin layer of copper infused in the surface.

The finish is a PVD finish that is more durable than Oil Can, however they do wear down and a nice cloth is provided with the putters.

Just got word that Aqua Man Woody Austin is putting this in play.

Re: Cleveland Classic Putters in Bronze

That thing looks nice. Any stats on the head weight?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hey JB is it too late to trade in box#1 in the let's make a deal game to get one of these?

great looking putters, I hope the pricing doesn't get a bunch higher than the standard classic putters!

Re: Cleveland Classic Putters in Bronze

Its listed on the bumpers of each putter.

Ah, thanks. I just wasn't very observant.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

This is the press release for these putters.

January 22, 2010 – Cleveland® Golf is pleased to announce the introduction of the Cleveland® Classic BRZ™ putter line. Inspired by the classics and crafted for performance, these classic putters feature a bronze finish with a copper infused face insert for a soft yet responsive feel. All four models have heel-toe weighting which increases MOI for added forgiveness, while helping to limit unwanted twisting on off-center hits. Models include:

Model 1: Classic plumbers neck blade (Available in RH and LH)
Model 2: Classic heel-shafted mallet
Model 4.5: Classic slant-neck blade
Model 5: Classic double-bend mallet

All four models are hand polished from 17-4 Stainless Steel and their bronze PVD Finish helps minimize glare, while providing a long lasting luster. Each putter comes with an oil-treated cloth to help prevent oxidation and will carry a street price of $89.

Cleveland® Golf is also pleased to introduce the new Cleveland® Golf T-Frame™ Mallet putter, engineered by Never Compromise®. With over 70 grams of weight redistributed to the rear of the putter, the T-Frame™ Mallet is engineered with high MOI, which increases forgiveness on off-center hits. Available in both RH and LH models, the T-Frame™ Mallet incorporates a dominant “T” feature which facilitates proper alignment. Designed from 17-4 Stainless Steel, the precision milled face provides a soft yet solid feel. The satin polish minimizes glare and provides a long-lasting finish. The T-Frame™ Mallet putter, which carries a street price of $119, is offered with three different lie angle options (68°/ 70°/ 72°) and features a unique head cover which includes a silver dollar-sized ball marker.

Already in play on the PGA Tour, both the Cleveland® Classic BRZ™ putters and the Cleveland® Golf T-Frame™ Mallet putter will be introduced at the 2010 PGA Merchandise Show, in Orlando, FL, and will begin shipping to retailers on March 1, 2010.

If I ever go for a blade putter, I want one in bronze. Those are so beautiful.

Nice looking putters but nothing outstanding, pretty much look every other manufacturers lineup of those styles. Now days it seems like it comes down to your preference of color & pricepoint in making a decision.

Hola

Hola

Great looking putters with a nice price!

Nice looking putters but nothing outstanding, pretty much look every other manufacturers lineup of those styles. Now days it seems like it comes down to your preference of color & pricepoint in making a decision.

I agree, there are only so many ways to make a blade style putter. I love them all.

Back