Cleveland Classic Putters in Bronze

Nice looking putters but nothing outstanding, pretty much look every other manufacturers lineup of those styles. Now days it seems like it comes down to your preference of color & pricepoint in making a decision.

I agree, there are only so many ways to make a blade style putter. I love them all.

There are also hosels, face inserts, millings, etc... But with blades there are only so many shapes out there and lets face it, if a company puts something out there that is totally off the wall, people balk at that too. Some golfers are so stuck in their ways that a product has to look the same to work. The Anser style putter happens to be the most popular so every single company puts one out now.

That is what makes these outstanding in my mind is the price point. 69 for traditional finish and 89 for this finish make some other companies just flat out look greedy for similar shape.

That is what makes these outstanding in my mind is the price point. 69 for traditional finish and 89 for this finish make some other companies just flat out look greedy for similar shape.

that's exactly what it made me think as well. Sometimes it's astounding how much a putter can cost. I'm a big fan of the heel shafted version (#2 i think). Is it available in LH as well?

that's exactly what it made me think as well. Sometimes it's astounding how much a putter can cost. I'm a big fan of the heel shafted version (#2 i think). Is it available in LH as well?

Unfortunately no. Only #1 is available LH.

Unfortunately no. Only #1 is available LH.

well that figures. I've always played around with putting RH just b/c there seems to be more options. The funny thing is that the speed's usually pretty good but i can't seem to get the direction right, it's tough using the other eye as the lead eye.

this also gives me more incentive to contact the fellas at sunset beach! Looks like i might put my tax return to good use.

Those other companies are flat out greedy. I think I paid $89 for my TM blade style putter & refuse to pay anything more than that. It's a freakin putter & all the inserts, sound slots, weights, spider style arms, etc aren't going to transform a lousy golfer on the green into a good golfer. Won't say anythign more because that opens up the entire can of worms & people get all bent out of shape over it.

Those other companies are flat out greedy. I think I paid $89 for my TM blade style putter & refuse to pay anything more than that. It's a freakin putter & all the inserts, sound slots, weights, spider style arms, etc aren't going to transform a lousy golfer on the green into a good golfer. Won't say anythign more because that opens up the entire can of worms & people get all bent out of shape over it.

I think that is a good debate for another thread. WHat makes a putter a good putter? Technology says that more can be done in a mallet to help people putt and it can be proven with science. But comfort to the eye plays a major role and more so in putters than anything. We may have to start another thread on it.

Any pics of that new Never Compromise T Shape Putter?

Cleveland continues to impress me.

I wanted to update this post with a few more pictures that we recently took that really show off how nice these are.

780808489_sANgY-L-1.jpg

780808498_33S2w-L-1.jpg

780808568_F5EmL-L-1.jpg

780808599_X644W-L-1.jpg

780808675_sfLmq-L-1.jpg

780808742_ox8EE-L-1.jpg

780808640_StH3t-L-1.jpg

I really like the Cleveland putter I was fortunate enough to win through the let's make a deal contest. For me adding the bronze to it takes it up another notch. I was already a good looking putter that worked great, now it is a putter that looks great and works great. Hmm maybe I will get mine dipped??? :D

I'm just wondering how the bronze finish will hold up over time. I personally wouldn't want rust or other wear to start to show up on my putter.

It does come with a cloth, so I am guessing that some care will be needed.

Those are great pictures JB. I love the two-tone face and the bottom. Awesome camera work!

I saw these in person when I was at the THP HQ Compound. They look even nicer in person. And I've never really been a fan of copper/bronze.

All the testing has been completed on these and the review will be out next week

I cant wait to see one of these putters. I really like that #2. When do they come out?

Edit: I see the press release says shipping March 1st! NICE! One of these might be next in my putter collection.

March 15th is the date I saw for arrival in stores!

I've been wanting to give these a test and finally had the chance; I agree with the above. They look great and perform better than expected for the price. Like a previous post, I'd be interested in removing the paintfill lettering from the cavity. Any thoughts if the finish would make this difficult/impossible?

I've been wanting to give these a test and finally had the chance; I agree with the above. They look great and perform better than expected for the price. Like a previous post, I'd be interested in removing the paintfill lettering from the cavity. Any thoughts if the finish would make this difficult/impossible?

I think it would. But at the price, it might be worth trying it or going right over it. Its not a raw putter really, but the finish does seem like it might not hold up to acetone or anything.

I would hope this new putter might be the ticker for faster greens. Our greens where KellyBo and I play are becoming downright brutal. A putter with a soft metal or rebound affect should help on the slick surfaces?

Back