Cleveland Classic Putters in Bronze

Cleveland BRZ

Cleveland BRZ

A fantastic putter which came with a black piece of 'oiled' cloth to wipe it down with. The bag was not sealed properly last time I used it and its dried out.

Anyone know if its special oil? Or can I just soak the cloth in some kind of regular oil again?

Merged with the larger thread. I have only used the cloth, wish I could help more.

A fantastic putter which came with a black piece of 'oiled' cloth to wipe it down with. The bag was not sealed properly last time I used it and its dried out.

Anyone know if its special oil? Or can I just soak the cloth in some kind of regular oil again?

I buy special cloths that have a silicon/oil in the rag for my pool cues. I'm out right now, but have a tournament next weekend and hope to pick up several and try on my putters.

Great looking putter, I ordered one online recently and it is currently over at Vibrant being done up as a gift for my brother.

Not sure, but would gun oil work?

The insert is actually aluminum based with a thin layer of copper infused in the surface.

The finish is a PVD finish that is more durable than Oil Can, however they do wear down and a nice cloth is provided with the putters.

You answered my question. I wondered if they were indeed bronze.

It does come with a cloth, so I am guessing that some care will be needed.

I really didn't think we would ever see another OTR putter that needed care. Most people want maintenance free finishes now days it seems. I have heard that Scotty has shelved the notion of any future OTR models in gun blue/black oxide for this reason. Good looking line of putters none the less. Look forward to your review.

These were reviewed a long while ago.

In my days of owning a few gun blue/black oxide putters, I never used oil because sand and fertilizer will stick to oil which leads to rust and scratches. I always used electrical grade CRC silicone that dried quickly and left no residue. It is harmless to finishes as well. Just has to be electrical grade.

Hey JB, I changed my mind I'll take the Model 5: Classic double-bend mallet in 72* * 33" :act-up:
Edit to add: if thats the 6th pic down

In my days of owning a few gun blue/black oxide putters, I never used oil because sand and fertilizer will stick to oil which leads to rust and scratches. I always used electrical grade CRC silicone that dried quickly and left no residue. It is harmless to finishes as well. Just has to be electrical grade.

OK thanks. I'll try that.

Seriously thinking that a Cleveland classic might be the next putter in my bag.
It's either that or a Nike everclear.

Back