Any WoW players out there?

clg82

Banned
Reaction score
Well I have been reading more and more about how great of a game it is......And am currently upgrading my computer as we speak (ram/video card etc etc) to play it and was wondering if anyone on here plays and what you thought about it?~Chris

I do not play it, nor do I recommend it. I know too many people who's lives have been completely wrecked with their addiction to this game. College, friends, girlfriends, wives, mom and dads. I got to see this firsthand as an RA in college. Soooo many guys getting hooked and then skipping classes, staying up all night, never socializing, etc etc. I'm sure I would love it, which is why I stay away. The game is very unique and fun, but the whole "living in another world" comes to the front, as people quickly become members of social groups in the game.

Just my opinion...

Tried it & didn't like it, also gave Everquest a shot & didn't like it either. Was sevrely hooked on Diablo 2 for about 2 years though, the game almost wrecked my marriage & i'm dead serious about that. Frickin thing was like crack.

Tried it & didn't like it, also gave Everquest a shot & didn't like it either. Was sevrely hooked on Diablo 2 for about 2 years though, the game almost wrecked my marriage & i'm dead serious about that. Frickin thing was like crack.

LOL i enjoyed diablo 2 as well......I think i'll be able to refrain though from becoming too addicted to WoW......

LOL i enjoyed diablo 2 as well......I think i'll be able to refrain though from becoming too addicted to WoW......

That's what I thought about D2, & my wife groaned a few weeks back when I told her D3 was in development. Told her I will play it but no online....satellite internet really sucks with the latency for online gaming, you are dead before you ever even see your opponent.

Definitely not as addicting if you stay offline.

That's what I thought about D2, & my wife groaned a few weeks back when I told her D3 was in development. Told her I will play it but no online....satellite internet really sucks with the latency for online gaming, you are dead before you ever even see your opponent.

Definitely not as addicting if you stay offline.

Very true......hmm didn't know they were coming out with a diablo 3 interesting .........:clap:

Very true......hmm didn't know they were coming out with a diablo 3 interesting .........:clap:

Supposed to have a couple new character classes as well, I never cared for the Necromancer or the Assasin. The Sorceress, Barbarian & particularly the Paladin were my favorites. Had a few that made it into the mid 90's on the ladder, sadly all are long gone now.

Supposed to have a couple new character classes as well, I never cared for the Necromancer or the Assasin. The Sorceress, Barbarian & particularly the Paladin were my favorites. Had a few that made it into the mid 90's on the ladder, sadly all are long gone now.

LOL all of that time wasted! I was especially good with the paladin as well....remember duping? where you could make doubles of whatever you wanted? when is diablo 3 due out?

LOL all of that time wasted! I was especially good with the paladin as well....remember duping? where you could make doubles of whatever you wanted? when is diablo 3 due out?

Duping ruined the game for awhile, all anyone every wanted was Stones of Jordans...that's all you got asked for "soj?" Arrgghh!!!

Right now no release date is scheduled, in fact they are claiming it won't be until at least 2011 & possibly 2012.

Duping ruined the game for awhile, all anyone every wanted was Stones of Jordans...that's all you got asked for "soj?" Arrgghh!!!

Right now no release date is scheduled, in fact they are claiming it won't be until at least 2011 & possibly 2012.

That sucks man!

D2/D3 thread highjack!

I used to play WoW a lot. I won't say how many hours per day, but it was from when Beta was released to 3-4 years after that...(loved the game) I still have my account but I doubt I will ever go back. Made several friends on there though that I have met who live a few hours away.

But yah, it's very addicting. If you have an addictive/competitive personality, you might want to stay away. If you have discipline... try it out haha.

SC2 is this year! D3... is looking like next year. I don't think it'll get pushed as far back as 2012, even though Blizzard is very well known for delaying for mass amounts of time.

Back