Cleaning Your Clubs

dblock305

too busy winning
Reaction score
1. How often do you clean your clubs? (after each round, a couple times a month, year, etc.)
2. What do you use/recommend to clean your clubs? (club cleaner, soap and water, etc.)
3. Is it bad, or even possible, to over-clean? Can you damage your clubs by over-cleaning?

Any other input on this topic is more than welcome!

Thanks all!!!

I use the Magic Eraser to clean them off and it works great. I do it after every couple of rounds. If they get a stain or something, I use a product called Blue job or Blue chrome. It works great.

Awesome! Looking over the previous thread that Harry provided and that has some good advice. Thanks!!

Agreed CM.

Here ya go dblock, I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

I wash them after every round or range session.

On the course, I keep a club cleaning brush on my bag. Any crud in the grooves gets scrubbed out after every shot, and I wipe off any mud or crud with a towel.

At home, I've got a big bucket, Dawn soap, a nylon bristled brush and a Scotchbrite pad.

I soak them for a few minutes, then give them a good scrubbing from top to bottom, cleaning out every nook and cranny. I scrub the grips as much or more than the heads. It keeps them tacky, and reduces wear on them.

There's good reason your coach is always harping on you to clean your clubs. You simply cannot produce consistent results with dirty equipment.

GB,
What exactly is a cranny? hehe

Here ya go dblock, I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Good advice Gummy.. I pretty much do the same when it comes to cleaning my clubs after each shot and round, and although I have wiped them down with a wet sponge a few times I have never fully soaked them in water. I dont know if that's a good or bad thing but either way they are always in good condition. Not sure about the rust thing but I figure why chance it.

Good advice Gummy.. I pretty much do the same when it comes to cleaning my clubs after each shot and round, and although I have wiped them down with a wet sponge a few times I have never fully soaked them in water. I dont know if that's a good or bad thing but either way they are always in good condition. Not sure about the rust thing but I figure why chance it.

Just have to make sure you dry them well, you have the same chance for rust with a wet sponge or soaking them if they aren't dried properly.

I like them in english muffins.

I like them in english muffins.

I like jellly in my nooks and crannys in my english muffins but I don't know that this has to do with cleaning the nooks and crannys on my clubs!!???

I like jellly in my nooks and crannys in my english muffins but I don't know that this has to do with cleaning the nooks and crannys on my clubs!!???

Just don't use the jelly on your clubs, it may give you a little more spin but you'll lose distance:D

Just don't use the jelly on your clubs, it may give you a little more spin but you'll lose distance:D

I'm sorry, but my immature mind just thought

Spoiler
That's what she said...

I'm sorry, but my immature mind just thought

Spoiler
That's what she said...

At least we're making progress on the topic at hand... for example, rule number 1: Never use jelly to clean your clubs. :D

At least we're making progress on the topic at hand... for example, rule number 1: Never use jelly to clean your clubs. :D

There ya go!

The only way I clean my clubs is after every 5-10 rounds, I'll clean the grooves of all of my clubs, and sharpen the grooves of my 9, PW, 54*, and 60*.

I clean mine after every round or practice session. I just use a wire brush with soapy water and dry them off with a towel.

The wholesome goodness fairie.

I clean my clubs with just water in a bucket and a brush. Then again my clubs look like crap, so I might not be the guy to ask. I do this after every other round, then give it a good soap wash every 6 months.

The question is, How do they get the nooks in the crannies?

The real question is... do the nooks and crannies in the face of a golf club wear over time faster when cleaning them with water? hmmmmmmmm....

Back