David Howell 200 yard Gong shot

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Found this video, thought it was funny. Reminds me of all those strange contests you have with your friends on the driving range or perhaps PGA National...

Of course, there's no way to know how many shots they took at this thing, but I think this is yet another example of how talented pros are. They don't only hit the traditional shots, but when you ask them to do something ludicrous with the ball, they know how to make the club do that too!

• Staff
it's kind of like when the skip the ball over the water on the 16th at Augusta during practice rounds

that's awesome ddec!!!! love stuff like that. we also fire at the boy picking up the range balls. hit him for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

I like this video. Always good to see the pros having fun with the game.

I got a real kick out that video. Thanks.

that's awesome ddec!!!! love stuff like that. we also fire at the boy picking up the range balls. hit him for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

As a former ball picker boy, we love that stuff. My favorite move was the stop short. You can see the guy on the driving range eyeing you and lining up the shot. His buddy next to him going "steady.... steady..... GO!!" Right when he begins his backswing I slam on the breaks and watch the ball go by right in front of me.

Great Clip DDEC
Reminds me of all those youtube clip where people are taking crazy basketball shots. This was way better.

wow that was awesome! Thanks for sharing. If you have anymore post them up. We need a youtube video thread for golfshots only, someone should make one lol

wow that was awesome! Thanks for sharing. If you have anymore post them up. We need a youtube video thread for golfshots only, someone should make one lol

thats not a bad idea bridges....

Great stuff, that was fun to watch. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for posting that clip. So many of those shots that did not hit were so close that they were really as remarkable as the one that did get it. That by itself is sort of amazing, at least to me. I wonder where on the club face they had to hit it to get the ball to do that? Am I seeing that right, did they look like they had topspin? I can sometimes hit a terrible shot that has topspin. Being able to do that on purpose and at will is just incredible.

I love skipping the ball on water, so fun, especially when its on accident and just barely makes it over to the green. :banana:

Back