Charity - what do you do?

the_paulo

Euro target practice
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.5
This weekend, I ran a 10k road race for charity with a few guys from work. :alien2:

We do quite a bit for different charities throughout the year. Have fun days at work, we did a zip slide over a river, walked the West Highland Way (95 miles along the west coast of Scotland), arranged dinners and dances.

There's not a particular charity we support. We try to find a cause for each event, and usually something that has directly affected us.

What do you do for charity? Is there a particular cause you support?

I am a classroom volunteer for Junior Achievement.

I tithe to my local church and try to support local causes that my loved ones participate in. My dad goes to honduras every year for medical missions and I try to support that cause for him. I also have very close ties with my fraternity from school and do a lot to support that organization as an alumi.

I give to my church and support MD Anderson Cancer Center.

Guess I should add the charities I've supported recently -

MND Scotland (a friend's dad had Motor Neuron Disease, has since passed away)
The Beatson West Of Scotland Cancer Care Centre (a workmate died of cancer this year, he was 21)
The Pituitary Foundation (another workmate had a daughter and lost her this year, at 2 years old, due to Pituitary gland problems)

I am the treasurer of the local Rotary club. We do various service projects around the area and partner up with other clubs internationally to do projects overseas as well.

I go around collecting donations for the local rotary club. Sometimes I do sponsored sleepouts for charities helping the homeless.

1. Relay for Life
2. MDA
3. Food Drives
4.4-H

Let's see if I can remember them all. We do donation drives and volunteer with a lot of different groups at work, so it's a pretty good list:

• Susan G Komen for the Cure
  • Susan G Komen Walk for the Cure (walk team)
  • Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
  • JDRF Walk for the Cure (walk team)
  • Second Harvest Food Bank
  • Habitat for Humanity
  • United Way
  • Toys for Tots
  • Give Kids the World Village
  • Not sure of the group's name, but we usually "adopt" several families for Christmas and buy presents for their children
  • Donations to several local animal shelters and/or rescue groups
  • Florida Special Olympics

I think there might be a couple of others, but that's most of them.

Our main place we donate to is animal shelters. Humane Society, Furry Kids Rescue, ARF, etc.

Every mother's day I do the revlon run/walk for breast cancer with my mom. It's a cause that's close to my heart and I support them whenever I can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i ran the half marathon on sunday, must have just missed you Paulo :)

ran for Help for heroes which supports service men and women on their return from conflict.

i ran the half marathon on sunday, must have just missed you Paulo :)

ran for Help for heroes which supports service men and women on their return from conflict.

Well done Brian. There's no way I was going for the half, 10k was about enough after my 3 'training' sessions along Dumbarton Rd! :D

It's great to see how many people give up their time and put in so much effort to support these causes.

Back