peacedog

Reaction score
Handicap
I have seen the ad on the golf channel. Just wondering if anyone has tried this device.

This kinda looks like or performs like the Swing Jacket and if that is the case stay away. Just look at the guys follow thru and see how restricted it is. In my opinion, it will do more harm than help.

I was just watching Rocco Mediate on the golf channel demonstrating it.

after roccos win it might work :)

id like to try it

i think im gonna build my own vharness

Actually I have used them both and the Vharness is nothing like the swing jacket. The Vharness doesn't restrict you it just shows you where you should be and its up to you to swing different, I actually like it.

I really like Martin Hall's idea of putting a bungee to the shaft about half way down and then to the upper arm above the elbow. Now keep the bungee tight through the swing. Mostly the follow through. That is solid.

I did notice something in the demonstration of the V-harness that I had not thought of before. Maybe folks that have one or have used one can comment. I was thinking about this since the Compression Board is also under review here.

Looking at how the V-harness works and how my swing feels when I do come into the ball at a steep enough angle to get the trajectory I am after makes we wonder if keeping that cord taunt forces you to a more shallow angle coming into the ball. Maybe you can both keep the cord taunt and maintain the body and wrist position needed to come into the ball steep enough. I just don't know which is why I am asking.

Any thoughts?

I did notice something in the demonstration of the V-harness that I had not thought of before. Maybe folks that have one or have used one can comment. I was thinking about this since the Compression Board is also under review here.

Looking at how the V-harness works and how my swing feels when I do come into the ball at a steep enough angle to get the trajectory I am after makes we wonder if keeping that cord taunt forces you to a more shallow angle coming into the ball. Maybe you can both keep the cord taunt and maintain the body and wrist position needed to come into the ball steep enough. I just don't know which is why I am asking.

Any thoughts?

thats a good question... im thinking this training aid helps with a more body connected swing with a wide as possible arc to keep the chords taught
in order to get steep youd have to alter your body positioning or swing in a way that wouldnt work for the vharness?
im just guessing and im no pro but thats what i think

Found this thread after seeing discussion of shortening the backswing/staying connected. Anyone use one ever or lately? I'd try one but not for $80+

Back