Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Today I finally started using some of the Precept Laddie-Xs that I bought last summer and they actually perform pretty well.
Good distance and I still get pretty decent spin off the irons with them (enough so that the ball stops within a few feet of where it lands).
All in all, for only costing $20 for 2 dozen; I was impressed with them.

I picked up a couple of sleeves to try out, no complaints with them. I don't think they liked me quite as much, they all chose a watery grave. I would play them again though.

I have used them in the past & found they were decent enough for me. Seemed to be a bit hard but really didn't affect the way I play.

RocketSauce used those for a couple of holes today. Decent balls for sure. However we get NO SPIN with them on the greens. But to be fair, the course we were playing (my home course) has rock hard greens and unless you use a spinny ball, they wont stay.

RocketSauce used those for a couple of holes today. Decent balls for sure. However we get NO SPIN with them on the greens. But to be fair, the course we were playing (my home course) has rock hard greens and unless you use a spinny ball, they wont stay.

EXACTLY what JB said.

I play these balls. They don't stay on the greens at all. I don't think its the ball though as much as the greens.

I should probably admit that the greens around here are pretty soft right now. We have gotten about 3" of rain in the past week, so the greens are pretty soft right now.
It will be intersting to see how these work later in the summer when the greens firm up.

Please let us know Bake. Im curious as well.

I use them in the late fall and early spring, well this past year. I really like them for the $. I actually prefer them to many of the affordable balls at $20 a doz.

Per spin, I always go right in the hole, so I can't comment on spin:>)

I get pretty decent spin with them. I dont play the spinniest wedges in the world and the ball takes a couple hops and stops. My only complaint with them is that they are made in China.
Id prefer to buy golfballs that are either made in the USA or in Japan...

I think you are going to find that just about everything in the golf industry is headed that way over the next 5 years. THere is no way around it with quality and cost.

I picked up 2 doz. Laddie X's at Wally World last week for $15, at that price you can't go wrong.

I think you are going to find that just about everything in the golf industry is headed that way over the next 5 years. THere is no way around it with quality and cost.
I hope you are wrong on that one, my friend.

Me too, but for us consumers it means more competition price wise.

Me too, but for us consumers it means more competition price wise.

It wont matter what the price is if we send all the jobs to China.

I get pretty decent spin with them. I dont play the spinniest wedges in the world and the ball takes a couple hops and stops. My only complaint with them is that they are made in China.
Id prefer to buy golfballs that are either made in the USA or in Japan...

Bake,

Where did you see that these are made in China. Just last summer when I was in Covington, GA at the Bridgestone plant there were Laddie X's rolling off the line, along with any other surlyn cover balls Bridgestone makes, including the e6+ and Lady iQ balls. Did it say "made in China" on the packaging? I'll have to check on this.

BstonerJK

Bake,

Where did you see that these are made in China. Just last summer when I was in Covington, GA at the Bridgestone plant there were Laddie X's rolling off the line, along with any other surlyn cover balls Bridgestone makes, including the e6+ and Lady iQ balls. Did it say "made in China" on the packaging? I'll have to check on this.

BstonerJK

Says Made in China on the box, I just went out and checked.

Says Made in China on the box, I just went out and checked.

Maybe the box was made in China.

Spoiler
Wow, smart-arse AND not funny. Weak.

Bake,

BstonerJK
It says, "MADE IN CHINA" right on the box.

It says, "MADE IN CHINA" right on the box.

Bake,

After doing some research I found that you are 100% correct. The Laddie X is now being made in China, and the main reason is to free up inventory for increased demand for manufacturing of the e6+ and e7+ and Lady iQ 180 in Covington, GA. According to my contact at Bridgestone the Laddie X started off originally in Covington, but because there are only so many lines in Covington and they are all being used by the increased demand for the other three balls I mentioned, the production was moved to another facility, which happens to be in China. Hope that explains it and sorry for my confusion.

Not sure what you meant by quality but if it is reference to quality being good from China I might beg to differ. My company imports well over 450k castings from China each year and while there are a few very good suppliers more are on the other end of the spectrum. Granted this is not golf balls but the general attitude on what is expected quality and then what is shipped quality is far different from Chinese Suppilers.

I did not mean that quality was going to be better. Just that in order for them to keep the cost down, they have to go overseas and sometimes that does effect quality and other times it does not.

Back