I read something this morning in my ESPN magazine that says that if a deal between the union and owners is not reached then they are goin to play this season like "it is the last" or something like that which means no salary cap and lots of players with these huge cap numbers are going to be asked to have their contracts re-worked or simply can be cut and it will not hurt the team. Here is the article if anyone wishes to read it.

ESPN The Magazine - Seth Wickersham - Examining the future of the NFL and the current labor dispute - ESPN

That's a shame. But it was expected. Darren Sproles has a big future with the Chargers. (And I like him because he's a KC guy!)

Rumors have it that their trying to swing a deal with Tennessee for LenDale White. The deal would be Cromartie for White straight up.

It will be interesting to see where he turns up. It is not all that big of a surprise that he was cut. His numbers had been declining steadily.

I think he has a few good years left as a 2nd back. He could fit well here in SF. Serve to give Gore a break.

It will be interesting to see where he turns up. It is not all that big of a surprise that he was cut. His numbers had been declining steadily.

I think he has a few good years left as a 2nd back. He could fit well here in SF. Serve to give Gore a break.

Wow him and Gore would be impressive... I would love to see him go to my Giants. Just thinking here, what about a team like the Cardinals?

I think Sproles is one of the most overrated RUNNING BACKS in the league. I don't doubt him at all as a return man or a pass catcher, but there is no way he's an every down back.

Maybe LT won't retire and the Jaguars can sign him to take some of the load off of MJD. :D

I thought you'd lost your mind when I read this post.

Lawrence Taylor (the only LT I recognize) retired years ago. :D

Rumors have it that their trying to swing a deal with Tennessee for LenDale White. The deal would be Cromartie for White straight up.

That would be a helluva deal for TEN. White's an average running back at best.

I think Sproles is one of the most overrated RUNNING BACKS in the league. I don't doubt him at all as a return man or a pass catcher, but there is no way he's an every down back.

Maybe LT won't retire and the Jaguars can sign him to take some of the load off of MJD. :D
I agree about Sproles. I can't see him being an every down guy.

as for LT2, I see him landing in Houston, New England, Denver, KC, Cleveland, or Detroit.
He's gonna want a whole bunch of money though, he may very well end up nowhere.

as for LT2, I see him landing in Houston, New England, Denver, KC, Cleveland, or Detroit.

If what was written in that article is true he can sign a one year deal worth awhole lot of money and see what happens... Hmmmm anyone else thinking Redskins with that nutty owner?

I hope it's not NE for his own sake. They don't even use the RB's they get. They had Fred Taylor healthy for the playoffs and didn't hand it to him once.

If what was written in that article is true he can sign a one year deal worth awhole lot of money and see what happens... Hmmmm anyone else thinking Redskins with that nutty owner?

Shanahan is running the show and LT doesn't fit his type of back for the zone blocking scheme.

Oh dear god, not that thug. I would rather keep Cromartie (who I can't stand) and bench him than to have Lendale "I like to spit on teammates" White on this team. That guy is a cancer.

That said, I like Sproles, but he is not an every down back. Against physical teams, he is useless as a RB except for catching passes...see playoff game against the Steelers in 08 season.

I don't know who is going to be our every down back, but I expect them to draft one in the first round of the draft and perhaps move up to take whoever they are eyeballing. As far as someone who is already in the league, your guess is as good as mine, but would love to get Chris Johnson for Cromartie straight up :D

I hate that for him, one of the hardest workers in the league in my mind. he will go to a good home

I wonder who they'll get to replace him. LT is HUGE in SD.

I wonder who they'll get to replace him. LT is HUGE in SD.
Not the last two seasons. He is a legend there, but he has had his run.

Football is a business and this is a business decision.

I love LT, but I love San Diego even more for being able to let go, even if it is a year too late.

He's gonna want a whole bunch of money though,

I'm not sure of that....his ypg has been falling each of the last 3 years and the NFL knows that RB's are toast in their 30's....esp ones that are 38 like LT. If he lands anywhere that will give him more than 15 total touches/game I'd be shocked.

I'm not sure of that....his ypg has been falling each of the last 3 years and the NFL knows that RB's are toast in their 30's....esp ones that are 38 like LT. If he lands anywhere that will give him more than 15 total touches/game I'd be shocked.
He's actually 30.

He is only 30 yrs old.

Back