TaylorMade 5 Piece Ball?

RocketSauce

ManBearPig
Reaction score
Is this true? TaylorMade is coming out with a 5 piece ball? Or, just another rumor? If anyone knows, JB should be able to answer this one....

Just called Taylormade and they said "they cannot confirm those rumors".

However they did tell me that if something comes out, we will know about it first.

gotcha...thanks

Is cannot confirm the same as yes but we don't want to talk about it yet?

Your guess is as good as mine MO. But I am glad that they told us "whatever is coming out, equipment or balls, you guys will have it to review".

So we're just gonna skip right over a four piece ball?

There are already quite a few 4 piece balls Claire. Most notable is the ProV1x

There are already quite a few 4 piece balls Claire. Most notable is the ProV1x

And of course the new B330 and B330-S!!! : )

5-piece, huh? It will be interesting to see where this all ends (6 piece, 7 piece, etc.?) At what point does the number of layers a ball has have a diminishing return on performance.

And of course the new B330 and B330-S!!! : )

5-piece, huh? It will be interesting to see where this all ends (6 piece, 7 piece, etc.?) At what point does the number of layers a ball has have a diminishing return on performance.

Not only that...but does it actually create a more spinny ball.....or a more distance orientated ball??

i ask this because the Pro-v1x is 4 piece as JB said. Which is a distance orientated "tour" ball. But the Nike one Platinum i believe was also 4 piece and was supposed to be the spinny "tour" ball over the black (i think that is correct).

I am guessing a lot of it is to do with the materials used, but it would be simpler for the consumer if the equation just went more like "more layers = more greenside spin".

I play a 12 layer ball. The inner layer of flubber spins faster than a buzz saw, while the outermost layer of zirconium creates a friction- and gravity-free well through which the ball travels on long drives. I made it myself, since the major OEMs are well behind the cutting edge of technology in this regard. Since I received my PhD in molecular physics and applied mathematics from Johns Hopkins, I still have access to the laboratory. I am also an ordained high priest of the cult of Vulcan, so that helps in the mold-smelting process. Anyway, to give you an idea of how great this baby is, yesterday I hit a 494 yard tee shot on a par 3, then spun it back across the water to the island green, where it settled 2 feet from the hole. Of course I two putted for par. Oh well.

Back