Sybase Classic (with spoilers)

The picture looks pretty good on ESPN today.

Edit- Im kidding for those wondering.

Damn. I hit "QUOTE" to ask if it was widescreen, and then saw your edit. Poop.

Anna Rawson LOOKS ABSURD in my opinion with that outfit.

Anna Rawson LOOKS ABSURD in my opinion with that outfit.

Well then she should TAKE IT OFF IMMEDIATELY!!!

I know many love her, but I cannot stand Judy on the mic. She wants to baby these players and never say anything even remotely bad.

I :love: Judy Rankin.

She is occasionally critical, but she does it in an exceptionally polite manner.

Critical? You mean things like "that's okay girl, get them next hole?"

I used to love her insight, but it seems now she has become a cheerleader.

Presell hit a bad shot on her 9th hole and wrapped her club around her golf bag and broke the driver. Now she has 9 more holes without a driver for a woman that is a short hitter. Apparently it is not just Tiger. hehe

Oops! Good thing she gets them for free.

Rankin even tried to defend her for this. No way.

Alfredsson is struggling with back to back bogies.

Brittany looks dialed in today.

Just turned the tourny on a little while ago. Why does the picture keep going out? Anyone else have that problem? It's gone out like twice.

Spoiler
I know Harry it's because it's on ESPN.

I have not had that issue at all.

I have not had that issue at all.

Maybe it's just on my end. It's out again but it was coming back from commercial. Are you watching in HD or regular? I'm watching regular. I wouldn't think it would make a difference but you never know.

Watching it on HD, however its a SD broadcast.

Alfredsson cannot even make a par right now. She is putting bogey after bogey up on the card. Hope she comes back from this.

This makes me sad . . .

From Morgan Pressel's Twitter:

Unfortunately I don't really have a whole lot to say

about 1 hour ago from TwitterBerry

:sad: (with bottom lip sticking way out.)

I saw that too Harry. Emotions take over sometimes. FOR ALL GOLFERS.

by the way I love Twitterberry.

I saw that too Harry. Emotions take over sometimes. FOR ALL GOLFERS.

by the way I love Twitterberry.

I know. But I adore Morgan Pressel and it makes me sad that she's sad.

Spoiler
Is Twitterberry like Booberry, or more like Frankenberry?

Spoiler
boo-berry-cereal-box-11.jpg
frankenberry-ca-250-f.jpg

Its similar in that it makes me you and fuzzy feeling.

I was sorta looking forward to hearing her tweet about this. Sad she's so upset though.

I must ask, because I see a difference to and I dont know why. WHy is it SAD when Morgan does it but WRONG when Tiger does it?

Cuz she's a sweet little cute 20 year old thing, and we men naturally want to protect and nurture her. Tiger is a big boy and needs to grow up. Something like that, I expect.

Is that what you and Harry are calling it? Nurture? hehe

I was going to say "protect and serve her" but I thought better of it!

Well, also, Morgan gives extensive interviews and tweets all the time. And it's not like she turned down a TV interview. Also, her tweet was an expression of her displeasure with her round, not a "I'm not gonna talk to you people." (If she wanted to do that, she wouldn't have tweeted at all.)

Spoiler
Am I using the word "tweet" correctly?

Tiger does not tweet, but he does have his own website updated all the time and he is interviewed after every single round.

I just think it is a double standard that if he does that he gets crucified and she does it and its "awwww poor Morgan".

I actually feel the same way, so I am curious as to why.

Today was totally, utterly fabulous. I got there about 10:30, so I had time to be a spectator. Mostly, I flitted back and forth between the 9th, 18th, and 2nd greens (all pretty much in a line), watching the morning stars come in. Suzann Pettersen stalks much like Helen Alfredsson does--maybe it's the height, but it's just riveting to watch. Despite my being snarky last night about them, none of Pat Hurst, Meg Mallon, and Laura Davies looks anywhere near the large in person. Okay, Laura Davies is still large, but the other two look like normal sized people. In fact, everyone looks teenier in person. Anna Rawson looks like you could snap her in two. (Really snarky aside: how does she manage to look like she has boobs in her model photos?)

All the big names teed off before one, for prime television coverage. I got bumped to a different threesome yet again. The weather finally broke, and it was a glorious, sunny afternoon. I walked with M.J. Hur (started at +2), Karine Icher (started at +1), and Meredith Duncan (started the day at +4). Fridays with players who aren't going to make the cut are really hard. At the beginning of the day, the cut was projected at +1. We didn't have a gallery. We didn't even have a standard bearer. At the outset, Meredith said to me, "I guess we're not exciting enough." She couldn't have been more wrong.

In the midst of this big tournament, there were just the seven of us, having an intimate little round and enjoying the day. M.J. is a rookie with a glorious swing but couldn't convert a birdie. Karine was fighting a bit of a slice, and Meredith was fighting out of the hole. Also herself; she's a big girl, and he has problem getting around her hips. She was tired, too-she sat whenever she could. I hope her health is okay.

I caught up with Ricey (and Spouse!), who were marshalling the 12th hole. They got recruited (not by me). Ricey says to tell you all she's having a blast.

Anyway, heading into the 18 hole, M.J. and Karine were both +1, and Meredith was +2. She had been as high as even, but has a disastrous double bogey on one hole. I was surprised the cut line hadn't moved; people should have been going low all afternoon. Anyway, we finally had a gallery on the 18th green, and Meredith managed to birdie the hole. It was totally, totally exciting, and they're all going into the weekend. Yay!

Back