The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What???/ lol. what did I miss? I hate the Cowboys.

Cowboy fans must be smiling.

Here is my prediction for the FA period for the Bears.

QB
RB
LB

hahah.

Actually...

WR: I'm thinking Sims-Walker.. he wants to be a Bear and I doubt we get Edwards or Holmes
OL: We sign Jamaal Brown, but Lovie Smith likes his athleticism and we move him to Free Safety. Put Major Wright as a PR and occasional Left Tackle. Lovie and Tice love his speed and think he can give DE's a fit since he played defense before.
QB: Might as welll right?

And you want the field? What kind of odds do I get? 30:1?

I would absolutely give 30:1 odds on that. Predicting both super bowl teams at this point is just a shot in the dark.

That was my first thought too, that's quite a few "higher profile" 'boys on their way out. I think this will become part of the norm for a few teams in the NFL trying to get under the cap and still leave room to sign some free agents and their top guys.

Like the Titans, seems like they are going to have some work in front of them to sign Johnson but yet still figure out their QB situation and I'm sure they have some other areas that need addressing as well.

Just saw the Cowboys news on espn.com and gotta admit that I am bit surprised. Not disappointed....but surprised. New times ahead in Cowboy land and RW was simply not getting it done. Still liked MB as he was on tough runner....Cowboys better hope that their RB's stay injury free or they may be regretting that release.

Just saw the Cowboys news on espn.com and gotta admit that I am bit surprised. Not disappointed....but surprised. New times ahead in Cowboy land and RW was simply not getting it done. Still liked MB as he was on tough runner....Cowboys better hope that their RB's stay injury free or they may be regretting that release.

HAHA. That is pretty funny. I assume by tough runner you mean dancing like MC Hammer in the backfield and then failing to punch it in. hehe

HAHA. That is pretty funny. I assume by tough runner you mean dancing like MC Hammer in the backfield and then failing to punch it in. hehe

Well, he was the "toughest" we had.

What's wrong with MC Hammer? Can't Touch This baby! :D

Jets and Falcoms paying all lock out money to employees of the club. Great gesture by ownership.

Abso-freaking-lutely!! Maybe Mr. Barber can go on to follow his true talent and win dancing with the stars, god knows he's done enough the past few seasons.

Adios Chump!

Well, he was the "toughest" we had.

What's wrong with MC Hammer? Can't Touch This baby! :D

oddly enough that's what barber thought about the goal line recently

Jets and Falcoms paying all lock out money to employees of the club. Great gesture by ownership.

Arthur Blanks 10 out of 10 times does the right thing. I am not surprised at all by that. He actually makes me proud to be a Falcons fan and not many owners have that affect on a fan base.

Were the games blacked out last year in Texas? MB hasn't run well in years. I think last year he broke one run for 10 yards and pulled up lame. Demarco Murray will take his spot nicely. Asomugha is coming baby!!

Were the games blacked out last year in Texas? MB hasn't run well in years. I think last year he broke one run for 10 yards and pulled up lame. Demarco Murray will take his spot nicely. Asomugha is coming baby!!

Damn it - leave me alone! I am still stuck in 2007 when he almost ran for 1,000 yards, Boys were 13-3, and Wade had not completely screwed up what Parcells had started to build. Past 3 years don't count because they were Wade inflicted.

Red Jesus is here to save us now!! :D

Damn it - leave me alone! I am still stuck in 2007 when he almost ran for 1,000 yards, Boys were 13-3, and Wade had not completely screwed up what Parcells had started to build. Past 3 years don't count because they were Wade inflicted.

Red Jesus is here to save us now!! :D

It's alright. I liked him too. But too many blows to the head.

if your looing for Murray to take MB's roster spot thats about all he will do , Murray's #'s wont be much better than Barbers #,s last year , sorry to rain on your parade there Bucko, you Cowboy with alittle sprinkeling of the Jets fan c'mon now

if your looing for Murray to take MB's roster spot thats about all he will do , Murray's #'s wont be much better than Barbers #,s last year , sorry to rain on your parade there Bucko, you Cowboy with alittle sprinkeling of the Jets fan c'mon now

No parade to rain on. I'm looking for a 3rd string back that hopefully can block the blitzing safety. I'm pretty sure Murrays contract will be less than 4.5M/year.

Arthur Blanks 10 out of 10 times does the right thing. I am not surprised at all by that. He actually makes me proud to be a Falcons fan and not many owners have that affect on a fan base.

Not surprised either, but good to see Blank do the right thing...wish he would do the other right thing and buy the Braves.

Well. With my new found Biggstensity its hard to smile but I am smirking just a little.

Sounds like Hasselback is gone from Seattle. I wonder if anyone will pick him up.
Vikings looking at McNabb is odd to me.
I like that the Bengals aren't going to trade Palmer according to the owner.

I think the Superbowl Champs this year will come from the NFC South (except not the Panthers) or it will be the Steelers.

Tavaris Jackson is a Seahawk now. CAult, are you really wondering if someone will pick Hasselbeck up? Of course someone will sign him. Lots of teams out there with young QBs who could definitely benefit from learning from a guy like him and there are also quite a few teams right now with no legitimate starting QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tavaris Jackson is a Seahawk now. CAult, are you really wondering if someone will pick Hasselbeck up? Of course someone will sign him. Lots of teams out there with young QBs who could definitely benefit from learning from a guy like him and there are also quite a few teams right now with no legitimate starting QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose so.

You think TJ will be a Seahawk? Sounds like the strongest rumor but...am I missing something?

I suppose so.

You think TJ will be a Seahawk? Sounds like the strongest rumor but...am I missing something?

Everything I've read is pretty much confirming TJ to the Seahawks has happened. Also, I hear Leinart will most likely end up there also.

Sounds like Hasselback is gone from Seattle. I wonder if anyone will pick him up.
Vikings looking at McNabb is odd to me.
I like that the Bengals aren't going to trade Palmer according to the owner.

I think the Superbowl Champs this year will come from the NFC South (except not the Panthers) or it will be the Steelers.

I wouldnt be ruling out the Colts this year if I were you Cault! Once #18 comes back healthy and the o-line is a bit better they should definitely be in with a great chance of being the first NFL team to play in a Super Bowl in their own stadium!

Everything I've read is pretty much confirming TJ to the Seahawks has happened. Also, I hear Leinart will most likely end up there also.

I am starting to read that too. It's basically all done but the signing on Friday.
I always thought Leinart would end up in Seattle some day.
Seattle signed a couple of QBs today from the undrafted rookies, Josh Portis and Zac Lee (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post?id=41165).
It doesn't seem like they're that serious about finding the franchise QB this year. TJ was always my star quarterback in Madden, too bad it doesn't transfer to real life :smile:

I wouldnt be ruling out the Colts this year if I were you Cault! Once #18 comes back healthy and the o-line is a bit better they should definitely be in with a great chance of being the first NFL team to play in a Super Bowl in their own stadium!

I don't think the offense is the problem in Indy though. I personally am very curious about Peyton and how that neck injury will play out this season though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back