Titleist 910 d2 shafts HELP!

CarlosTheWolf

Reaction score
Handicap
11-18
Hi fellow golfers,
I'm quite excited as I recently just purchased a titleist 910 d2 after an hour of hitting it with different shafts at lofts etc i came out with a stiff MITSUBISHI RAYON DIAMANA 'AHINA 73grams.
I currently havn't got an handicap but an 18 for me about 11+ on a good round and 18+ on a bad.
My swing speed is around 95 - 103mph and ball speed around 145 - 150mph
In the testing session I tried out a couple of other diamana, reg, stiff, lighter etc and also the rip 60 in a stiff, although the rip gave me a faster club head speed as its 10 grms lighter than mine it gave me similar stats to my current shaft in terms of distance and as I'm still quite new to the world of golf I decided to go for the heavier shaft as it felt more comfortable when swinging.

I thought I'd post this and see if any one else had some thoughts on the choice I made and also if they own a 910d2 and if they went through similar choices.

Hope to hear from you all soon.
Elliott (carlosthewolf)

I had the Titleist 910 D2 with the exact same shaft as you. It’s funny I’m also the same swing speed as well. It has very good distance. I think I need a slightly stiffer shaft as my control went out the window. The heavy weight seems to fit my swing speed but I can not seem to find the shaft I like. Since I live in Canada I can’t seem to find good Titleist support. Did you go to a Titleist fitter? I really want to get a Titleist Performance evaulation to try and sort things out.

In the interim, I’m hitting a Henry Grifitts with XS 85g shaft with very good success (77% Fairways hit).

Might not be much help, but I recently bought the 910F Fairway wood after being fitted for it. Due to the compact head I was finding the ball flight was pretty low to the Ping G15 that I was also considering. I tried the RIP shaft along with the Diamana Kai'li initially and then tried the lighter Diamana 'Ilima. I then found the club to be easier to swing through the ball and the ball flight was just how I wanted it. Have been really enjoying it on the course as well.

I live in England and the closest titleist fitter to me was a shop called "Tony Valentine", i've actually only just come back from there today as i still cant decided between the RIP 60 or MITSUBISHI RAYON DIAMANA 'AHINA 72 which i already have in there. The Rip definatly feels lighter as its 10grms lighter than the AHINA but the stats are quite similar. I do love the looks of the Rip and there is also the option of going for the Rip 70 which is 74grms.
Any advice, i need help...........

What type of spin and launch angle numbers did you see? Were those any different? Dispersion? I know you had said stats were the same but trying to figure out how similar. If all is the same, why make a change?

Hi fellow golfers,
I'm quite excited as I recently just purchased a titleist 910 d2 after an hour of hitting it with different shafts at lofts etc i came out with a stiff MITSUBISHI RAYON DIAMANA 'AHINA 73grams.
I currently havn't got an handicap but an 18 for me about 11+ on a good round and 18+ on a bad.
My swing speed is around 95 - 103mph and ball speed around 145 - 150mph
In the testing session I tried out a couple of other diamana, reg, stiff, lighter etc and also the rip 60 in a stiff, although the rip gave me a faster club head speed as its 10 grms lighter than mine it gave me similar stats to my current shaft in terms of distance and as I'm still quite new to the world of golf I decided to go for the heavier shaft as it felt more comfortable when swinging.

I thought I'd post this and see if any one else had some thoughts on the choice I made and also if they own a 910d2 and if they went through similar choices.

Hope to hear from you all soon.
Elliott (carlosthewolf)

My numbers are slightly higher but very similar(108 SS with 150-155 bs) and I bought the Ahina initially. I recently pulled the Ahina out to try a Matrix Ozik 60-S(pull from an Adams driver I always launched well) and I'm getting slightly better numbers with the new setup. Did you try the Project X? I think I'm going to try a 70 or 80 gram Project X next just to see if it adds more control and consistency but I'm killing both my D2/Matrix and D3/RIP setups right now.

My numbers are slightly higher but very similar(108 SS with 150-155 bs) and I bought the Ahina initially. I recently pulled the Ahina out to try a Matrix Ozik 60-S(pull from an Adams driver I always launched well) and I'm getting slightly better numbers with the new setup. Did you try the Project X? I think I'm going to try a 70 or 80 gram Project X next just to see if it adds more control and consistency but I'm killing both my D2/Matrix and D3/RIP setups right now.

I'm tempted to go for the rip 74grms to still have the weight and control but have the technology of the rip and looks

Have you given the Graphit Design Tour AD DI a try? This is the nicest shaft I have ever hit. It is offered on most of the Titleist fitting carts amso you should be able to test it out in the head you are hitting. It is a mid launch shaft with low spin, where as the ahina is low launch low spin. Btw I play the ahina in my R11. They offer the DI in several weights including the DI6 which is the 60gram range and the DI7 which is in the 70 gram range.

Back